What song about airplane battles is your favorite?

What song about airplane battles is your favorite?

• Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aces High

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Tailgunner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silver Wings

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Remember Tomorrow

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Ehh Mega: That isn't just a greatest hits album. It contains an excellent 2nd disc and the first disc contains Silver Wings & Broken.

Every Bruce fan should have this marvelous collection.

How can a disc with The Wicker Man, Jerusalem (Live), Acoustic Song :)wub:) and Man Of Sorrows (Original with Gers) can be 'meh'?

LooseCannon said:
I've been pondering that song heavily, and I can't see another way it could be interpreted. I'm halfway through a post on it. An LC post.

I thought Paul said it was about his dad or something like that? To be honest I think the lyrics are really just a bunch of unrelated deep sounding stuff.

Remember Tomorrow has nothing to do with planes. It's about a daydream and he did put in the mix, in his own interpretation, the tales of war his old grandpa supposedly told him (remember Paul was a big liar about several things such as working on an oil rig, being in several bands when Steve asked him about his musical experience, when Maiden was actually his first band ever).

Paul said it was about his granddad, but the image is martial in many cases. Again, nothing Paul ever said could be trusted, but I will explain why one of these days.

Mega said:
I prefer studio albums, and don't really listen to single songs that much.
Also I've listened to every song on taht second disc, and well... Meh.

The disc is a collection of songs, and features a big explanation by Bruce himself (the one but last track), plus the first recording Bruce ever did. All these tracks should be seen in the right context, each of them has a little history of itself, and the total makes up for a valuable possession. Not uninteresting for people who are interested in Bruce's career.

Because he's Forostar. That's what he does, edit and delete his posts thousands of times.  :smartarse:

I gotta disagree with LC. "Remember Tomorrow" is not an air battle song.

I've sung that song many times, and never once have I thought of it that way. In fact, I've never had much idea about it at all. The lyrics sound cool, but they don't put forward any single concrete image for me.

Really, aside from "clouds take me higher", "light up the sky" and maybe "out of the fire", I don't see anything related to air battles at all. And getting an air battle out of those 3 phrases is too much of a stretch for me.

Jeffmetal said:
Why did you change your post, Forostar? It was quite funny with the Homer Simpson's pic.

Because, since a year or so, I have been (too) cautious not to offend others, even after I have hit the "post" button.

It know it sounds insecure for such an old member, but that's how it is. ;)

Aces High for me.

Silver Wings is cool but is very Aces High part 2.  Which isn't a bad thing necessarily.

I love Tailgunner as well, but it's just not in the same league as the others.

Back