What Maiden Songs can You Play?

warewolf95

Prowler
Im only 15, but Ive been teaching myself by tab/ears to play guitar for the last 21/2 years and I can play a number of songs.

By Maiden I can play
Piece Of Mind - Where Eagles Dare, Revelations, The Trooper, Die With..., Sun and Steel
Powerslave - Aces High
Seventh Son - I am learning The Clairvoyant
No Prayer - Tailgunner
Dance Of Death - Paschendale, Rainmaker
A Matter - Different Worlds

I kind of am not really popular so I dont really do anything but play guitar like 3 hours a day. I have a lot of time on my hands.
Thats just what maiden songs ive learned, but I know a ton by Rush, JPriest, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.

I know:

TFF-Whole Album
AMOLAD-Whole Album
Dance Of Death: All except Age Of Innocence
Brave New World-All Except The Mercenary and Thin Line
Virtual Xi: The Clansman
X Factor: Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies, and Man On The Edge
Fear Of The Dark: Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fear Is The Key, Wasting Love, Title Track
No Prayer: Holy Smoke, Tailgunner, Title Track, BYDTTS, PE#1,Hooks In You, Mother Russia
Seventh Son: All except Only The Good Die Young
SIT: Whole Album
Powerslave: Whole Album
POM: All except QFF
NOTB: Whole Album
Killers: Whole Album
IM: All except Strange World.

There was a year when I was playing nothing but Maiden songs and I learned some by ear and some with sheet music I had. Recently I discovered Powertabs and some of those songs I couldn't previously play are now rather easy. Maiden songs aren't really that hard. But a lot of them are extremely fun to play.

I know only few, and almost all without solos, I can't play the fast legatos so far, but I'm working on it.

Blood Brothers, Iron Maiden, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Revelations, Run To The Hills, Isle of Avalon, Journeyman, Frome Here To Eternity, Wasting Love, The Trooper (although I can't play it at full speed so far)

Partially Dance of Death and Transylvania and some riffs and melodies from others.

Stallion Duck said:
I know:

TFF-Whole Album
AMOLAD-Whole Album
Dance Of Death: All except Age Of Innocence
Brave New World-All Except The Mercenary and Thin Line
Virtual Xi: The Clansman
X Factor: Sign Of The Cross, Lord Of The Flies, and Man On The Edge
Fear Of The Dark: Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Fear Is The Key, Wasting Love, Title Track
No Prayer: Holy Smoke, Tailgunner, Title Track, BYDTTS, PE#1,Hooks In You, Mother Russia
Seventh Son: All except Only The Good Die Young
SIT: Whole Album
Powerslave: Whole Album
POM: All except QFF
NOTB: Whole Album
Killers: Whole Album
IM: All except Strange World.

There was a year when I was playing nothing but Maiden songs and I learned some by ear and some with sheet music I had. Recently I discovered Powertabs and some of those songs I couldn't previously play are now rather easy. Maiden songs aren't really that hard. But a lot of them are extremely fun to play.
I have to agree with you on that. I used to never even try to play any MAiden because it was just so complex sounding, and then I slowly learned a tab here or there and now Ive realized that, as you said, they are not really that hard but are just very intimidating sometimes. But then you learn them and its like "that was so fucking easy and is so fun to play. Why did I never learn this before???" :lol:

Something I've forgotten to note is that the hardest ones for me to learn by ear are the ones that aren't in Em.

I can play every Maiden song. I'm taking pride in the fact that I can at least play one riff from each Maiden song from memory.

Not talking about solos though. I usually improvise those, mixed with some elements of the original.

I can play

The wicker man
brave new world
blood brothers
dream of mirrors
out of the silent planet
the thin line between love and hate
brighter than a thousand suns
rainmaker
the final frontier
when the wild wind blows
the man who would be king
starblind
the talisman
coming home
the alchemist
phantom of the opera
killers
children of the damned
the number of the beast
run to the hills
hallowed be thy name
the trooper
aces high
powerslave
wasted years
deja vu
judgement of heaven

the funnest one to play is BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS

Babo 91 said:
the funnest one to play is BRIGHTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS
It is fun. You should learn IOA or Revelations. Those are very fun too.

Let's limit the list to songs I've played with a cover band...

Remember Tomorrow
Running Free
The Number Of The Beast
Revelations
Flight Of Icarus
The Trooper
2 Minutes To Midnight
Wasted Years
Stranger In A Strange Land
Can I Play With Madness
Paschendale
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg

Too bad it's so few ... but the drummer in that band didn't like Maiden, so even getting this many was a triumph. (Except for The Trooper, different band - I was the drummer there.)

Just on bass, I know most songs. The few I don't, I'm sure I could learn in a snap.

Two notables missing from the above list:
Parts of Phantom and Rime are part of my usual warmup routine.

Pretty much. I relied on some tabs, but as soon as I noticed there might have errors evne on songbooks, I started to learn all by ears.

I don't know about any one else, but I can play just about every Maiden song, lead and rhythm parts.

I 'm a starter, but I can play Dance Of Death and the intro of When The Wild Wind Blows and The Final Frontier. Just need a lots of hard work for the solo of Dance Of Death, but I think I can handle it.

I dont play guitar that much but i can play the intro to Wasted Years, but not as fast as maiden plays it.

Back