What if Bruce Dickinson was the singer?

This guys sounds more like Dickinson than the Attick Demons singer. It's hard to point out the difference with Dickinson himself. Just one or two fractions of the vid deviate slightly (in Black Night mostly clearly I thought).

I thought the same but Bruce does some things differently. Stylistically this dude is near perfect. But if you listen well, Bruce is better with some tones. In some short moments (syllables), Bruce goes a tiny bit higher in places (a bit more spot on, hitting the exact, correct tones).

You also hear in the pronunciation that this dude has a dialect. So, I am pretty sure it's not some mimer.

I thought this was the least good one, vocally (imitating wise that is, it's still a great vocal performance).

edit: hmm, on second thought, he nails it (I only heard the beginning first).

No, he's no mimer. I just meant that Infinite Dreams cut, that was crazy good. There is very, very little difference to the original.

Totally unrelated to this guy's singing, but isn't it funny how no matter how many covers you hear, and Maiden live versions you hear, of Wasted Years; it just never ever sounds as smooth & textured (they always sound & feel more jumpy) as the album version. Never.
Just by the tom hit at 0:13 you can hear these guys are dead serious with mimicking Maiden's sound!
They would have a G-707 if they were really serious...

YouTube skipped to this on autoplay while I was reading something. I initially thought it was The Dickinson Himself:
INVADEEERRRS!

Check out the TNOTB scream at 4:26!

isn't it funny how no matter how many covers you hear, and Maiden live versions you hear, of Wasted Years; it just never ever sounds as smooth & textured (they always sound & feel more jumpy) as the album version. Never.
Couldn't have put it better myself. This is maybe their only song that sounds best in the studio version! (Although the F666 version is cool with Adrian singing)

That scream. I wonder if they sometimes mix a bit of the original recording through the new one. Just enough to hear Dickinson in this guy's voice (literally), and not enough to know that this guy is really singing with his own voice.

Last edited:
The guy sings really well and sounds like Bruce in parts, but his accent is a dead giveaway.

By the way, I prefer Bruce's take of Queen's 'I want to break free'. :)

He's more 'nasally' than Bruce, but yeah, this is probably the closest vocal cover I've heard.

I've always mixed feelings with these things. On one hand, it's really cool to pull off if you have the talent...and this guy is super talented (especially with someone as hard to mimic as Bruce). As a fan, that's cool to see. On the other, I wouldn't want to invest much time cloning someone else because that energy could be spent doing your own thing. If Bruce spent all of his time fixated on Ian Gillan covers, we would never have gotten the Bruce that we know now.

Back