What guitar do you play?

I bought a new guitar today. A Fender Stratocaster, Made in Japan dated around 1986-1987 with floyd rose tremolo and also modified pickups. 4000 Swedish Crowns (about 400 Euro) - A steal because it sounds very good and has excellent feel (slightly thicker neck than a mexican or american strat) though it suffers a bit from the infamous Fender Buzz. I intend fo rewire it this summer.

guitar.jpg

Nice. I had a chance to get red-white MIJ '86 strat with Floyd in HSS configuration, mint condition, 300 euros. I arranged for the trade, and just announced it to my friend on IRC. He just said "hmm", and started asking all kinds of specific questions about the guitar, last being serial no. I sent him all hi-res pictures that trader sent me, and then he confirmed that guitar was stolen two days prior to that discussion. He pointed me to a thread on local musicians forum, and it was indeed the same Stratocaster.

I actually had second thoughts about getting it, knowing that the owner reported theft to police a day prior, and they need at least two-three days more to spread the word to postal services, couriers and stuff (due to oversized bureaucracy). So i could receieve it, pay a 100 more euros for repaint, and chances of getting me would be down to 0.01%.

My morale parallel went to - look, if i ain't purchasing it, someone else will. It was really hard, with our incompetent police, for owner to get back his stolen item (and indeed, he didn't to this day, and that was 10 months ago). However, i didn't, because that guy was the first owner of that guitar. It was his guitar for 20+ years. Mint condition. If someone did that to me, i'd kill him. Therefore, i ain't doing it either. I haven't regreted that decision, and i think i did the right thing.

On the other hand, i couldn't turn in the stealer, because of a very complex situation. So i just bailed out of the whole story.

My piece of musical experience:
I play Stagg acoustic guitar, dunno model or something. It's one of the cheapest guitars you'll find out there and it has loosely sound, but I am playing for just four months so I don't find it interesting to buy better. Once I know barres(or maybe just playing F chord), I'll buy something better. Maybe.

Hope this isnt a bump.
I play a Washburn X200Pro. It's about 600 bucks here in israel if my math serves me right.
It's a low budget guitar i guess, but im very satisfied with it. it sounds great.

My teacher plays an insane Parker Fly Mojo, it plays like a dream.

I play a Fender standard tele,  thru a 30 watt Samick practise amp, i also use a Boss me50, dunlop crybaby and a few other distortion stomp boxes. Thats my main set up but i also have a Vintage 12 string acoustic and a Marlin strat

Update: I also play a Cort Performer. I got if for free and had the shop work on it a bit so now it's a decent guitar.

hello sir,

i am pearl jams,

The guitar is more approachable than many other instruments, once you master a few basics. It may take you years to get the basics down, and you may need formal instruction at some point to exploit the instrument's full potential. For those who have significant difficulty forming chord shapes with their fingers, it may be better to start off learning songs which utilize single notes or power chords. This will help build finger strength, dexterity, and familiarity with the guitar, hopefully with less stress and frustration.

Fender Stratocaster - SSS
Fender Stratocaster - HSS, Seymour Duncan 59
Fender Stratocaster - SSS, Seymour Duncan Cool Rails/Vintage Rails/Cool Rails
Fender Stratocaster - HH, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates/Pearly Gates
Fender Telecaster - Lil' 59
Fender Telecaster - Baja Vintage Model

I didn't post here since a long long time, but today, I have some time to kill.  :blush:

Here is a little pic of my guitar rig, and my two Fender Iron Maiden Signature !  ;)
And in the middle, well... it's me  :bigsmile:
39649_104628596259935_102506129805515_38878_8332651_n.jpg

i have multiple guitars but my 2 main guitars are a Ibenez SA and a Les Paul Tobbaco burst

I play a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Blue With EMG 81/85 Active Pickups, and also I have a Epiphone ZV Zakk Wylde Custom, a Squier Stratocaster Classic Vibe 60s and Washburn Wi 66v, plus 2 accustics.

Nice Guitars you all have!

I have a beat to shit '78 Les Paul that sounds a lot better than it looks. It has a Seymour Duncan at the neck, and an EMG at the bridge. It runs through an old Yamaha REX 50 multi-effector, and an even older Vox wah. The beautiful noise comes out of a 50W Randall from the 80's... pretty low tech, but great for pissing around in my basement...

I'm a beginner, and have only Washburn X-10 and i'm planning something "real" when the right time and money comes :)

Guitars:
80's MIJ Squier Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Classic W/RockMonkey Pickups

Amp/Cab:
ValvePower 18w
2x12 Zilla Tall Vintage

Pedals:
Rothwell Heartbreaker
Watkins Copicat

Back