War Of Epics

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seeding is not determined yet. NP and I were discussing ideas last night. However, we do know that #1 picks from each person will face a #4 pick from someone else. So Free Bird is indeed likely to draw a tough opponent.

Edit to clarify: if we seed by draft picks, your songs only go up against one other player's songs. You may notice that by draft picks, all of (for instance) RTC's songs go up against a Perun song. We will be seeding this tourney to ensure that your four songs will have four different (forum) opponents.

Isn't the classic seeding way the best one?

Edit: Just saw the edit.

Good mix of songs, including more unusual ones that might not otherwise have made it into a survivor, as well as the big ones that someone was bound to pick.
I didn't think The Suffering trilogy would be allowed otherwise I would have put that down too. :p Not that it matters, it made it. I’m still not really interested in getting involved in a Fantasy League thing.

I must confess that I am not at all certain what the hell is going on here, but whatever, I'm hooked regardless. The "make it up as you go" nature of this game has a certain charm. As best as I can tell, beyond a certain amount of pride in seeing one's assigned picks go far, I think this is really just a knockout tournament in which all forum members get to vote on which song advances to the next round. My fearless prediction is that "Xanadu" will beat either "Thel" or "Stargazer" in the final, with "Shine On" having a puncher's chance. I had forgot all about "Coma" and glad to see it in here, it should go far -- great fucking song.

To Brig's "fantasy" concern, the more apt sports-related analogy might be a March Madness-type bracket in which you try to pick teams (songs) you think will advance. But with no cash prize.* (Sorry if that analogy is lost on our non-North American friends who don't follow college basketball.) Curious whether there will be a fixed bracket like that, or whether the matchups will be re-seeded each round.

* That said, NP has all our email addresses now, which could facilitate private, in-no-way-using-this-website side wagers. Just sayin'. :angel:

Last edited:
I think you're overestimating Xanadu's chances on this forum, no way it'll ever beat Thel or Stargazer. Maybe Coma, but I think Estranged and November Rain have a much better shot.

Xanadu will probably make the final 8. Stargazer will probably win the entire thing, and rightfully so IMO.

To Brig's "fantasy" concern, the more apt sports-related analogy might be a March Madness-type bracket in which you try to pick teams (songs) you think will advance.

I get what you're saying, but that's still an analogy I'd avoid. We'll be voting in polls like normal - there is no "guess the winners" in this game, just vote as usual.

The setup of the game was in part inspired by fantasy sports, but that's all. It's just a game under NP's control now. I have sent him my recommended seeding for the first round, and it's all on him now.

The seeding is done! ... however, the brackets won't be revealed until the game gets closer. Night Prowler wants to reveal them after Round 40 in his Tournament of Short Songs, which is about a month and a half away.

Until then, here is everyone's list of their first four opponents, for those who are interested in that part of the game. Remember that we'll be voting for songs not people, and this part is all just for fun.

Ariana battles: Brigantium, SinisterMinisterX, Cornfed Hick, RTC
Brigantium battles: Ariana, SinisterMinisterX, Collin, Cornfed Hick
Collin battles: Brigantium, Night Prowler, Forostar, RTC
Cornfed Hick battles: Perun, Ariana, Crimson Idol, Brigantium
Crimson Idol battles: Perun, MrKnickerbocker, Cornfed Hick, Stardust
Forostar battles: Collin, Mosh, Stardust, mckindog
mckindog battles: Unknown One, Mosh, Forostar, Night Prowler
Mosh battles: The Flash, mckindog, Forostar, SinisterMinisterX
MrKnickerbocker battles: Crimson Idol, Unknown One, Night Prowler, The Flash
Night Prowler battles: Collin, MrKnickerbocker, mckindog, RTC
Perun battles: Cornfed Hick, Crimson Idol, The Flash, RTC
RTC battles: Collin, Ariana, Perun, Night Prowler
SinisterMinisterX battles: Brigantium, Ariana, Stardust, Mosh
Stardust battles: Forostar, Crimson Idol, Unknown One, SinisterMinisterX
The Flash battles: Mosh, Perun, Unknown One, MrKnickerbocker
Unknown One battles: mckindog, MrKnickerbocker, The Flash, Stardust

Were there any criteria for these seeds or was it just done randomly?

So Stygian vs Halo (should be an easy win, no offence), Child vs Damien (pretty hard to call actually), Ghost vs Sol Invictus (interesting match-up, I think Ghost will take though) and Free Bird vs Suffering (Free Bird is better, but Suffering will win anyway).

You got only one of those correct. But anyway, be patient, when TSS's Phase 1 (first 40 rounds) end, SMX will post the bracket/seeds/first matches. When TSS ends, this game will start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back