Wacken 2014

That's only an insignificant fraction of the bands, btw. I doubt even one of those gets a headlining status.

That's insane. Maybe change the title of the thread to Wacken 2015?

Also, what were the tickets going for?

That's only an insignificant fraction of the bands, btw. I doubt even one of those gets a headlining status.
AVANTASIA TO HEADLINE WACKEN OPEN AIR 2014
After a successful Mystery World Tour (w/ only two remaining concerts to be played next week) with many sold out shows around the globe Tobias and AVANTASIA will finish this era of their history with a headlining performance in front of more than 80,000 people at Wacken Open Air once again.

A statement from Tobias who just held a press conference at the festival:

“I am happy to confirm that our managers and the managers of Wacken Open Air have struck an agreement and we‘ll play the festival of festivals again. Not only are Wacken 2014 going to celebrate their 25th anniversary, but the show will also mark my 10th performance at Wacken Open Air, if I count Edguy, Avantasia and my little guest appearance with Saxon on 2007. Well, this current Avantasia tour has been the most successful tour I have ever been on by far, with shows being sold out even in places I had never been to before and our drummer can‘t even spell. Now we‘re about to put the icing on the cake and finish this with a big bang, and there is no better way to bid farewell than doing it in front of 80,000 of our closest friends. There won‘t be any further Avantasia activities, it‘ll be just a single show. I may be back with an idea and go for it somewhere in the distant future, I won‘t say farewell is forever this time, but I have no clue as to when and where and who would be able to join us and what it would sound and look like, if we‘d ever do this again in a couple of years. So, get your tickets for Wacken 2014 cause it‘ll be your last chance to catch us, if not forever at least for some years. See you, T
:nonono:

Not all hope is lost:

For those who haven´t bought a ticket yet there are the following option:

Due to the masses of orders we assume that there will be several doublings and reversals for example due to missing payments after the deadline for paying is over. As soon as these reversed orders are filtered we will bring this small ticket contingent back on sale. We will inform you in time if and when this will happen.

Furthermore you have the chance to offer or buy a ticket at our new upcoming ticket exchange. This new ticket exchange is completely anonymized! Purchasers and Sellers will automatically refered to each other in some kind of waiting list.

True, but I'm keeping my eyes open for alternatives, such as Bang Your Head. Also, I'm reading some terrible reviews of this year's Wacken, so my enthusiasm is pretty low by now.

Back