VOTE for the next Survivor game

Which band should be the next Survivor victim?

• Megadeth

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Slayer

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Queensryche

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Savatage

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Kiss

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Rush

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Re: Nominate a band for the next Survivor game

SinisterMinisterX said:
Even more than that ... since Slayer is already mentioned, and I don't think the last 3 would make good games, it's Kiss.

Personally, I'd love to do a Kiss Survivor. I'm a huge Kiss fan. I'm not sure if it would get much support, though.

It is at least 3 with me.  Good enough.  Deep Purple for some strange reason only had 4 voters tops.

Cheap Trick may have an extensive catalog, but I've never heard any of their albums called "great" except Budokan. They have a handful of great songs, but I find it hard to imagine many (any?) other Maidenfans wanting to check them out.

Cooper has a lot of albums, a lot of good stuff, and might be up a Maidenfan's alley. But I went through the Cooper discog last summer, and I think there's 2 bad songs for every good one. In terms of Maidenfans support: in 7+ years here, I only remember one guy professing a great love for Cooper (LooseCannon). So Cooper is on the outside - a borderline case pushed out by too many better bands nominated.

Tull would be very interesting. I might consider Tull if we drop later albums (end with Stormwatch). So Tull won't make it this time, but the idea is noted for future reference...

...this might make more sense to you fine Maidenfans if I reveal part of the secret plan behind the Survivor Games. This comes straight from the Illuminati. Read at your own peril. :innocent:

12 of the 16 games belong to a specific category. For example: one category is "Prog" (either prog rock or prog metal). The current prog game is Pink Floyd.

But the other four games are chosen by the forum. Two by poll (currently GnR and UFO), two by the most active voters (currently Halford and Aerosmith).

Right now, Black Thunder is the most active poster, and will get to pick a game when Halford ends. Let's say his nomination - Queensryche - does not win this poll. We can assume he'll choose QR again. We'll do QR soon, one way or another - either by this poll or by BT's choice.

And now let's further postulate that Rush will win this poll. Remember, Dream Theater Survivor is in progress. So when Floyd ends: Rush, QR and DT will all be in progress, or recently completed.

Who will be the next prog Survivor when Floyd finishes, if the above comes to pass? ... This is why I'm keeping Tull in mind. :bigsmile:

Could be, though it probably won't be. I'm keeping Tull in mind, but there are other prog bands out there who Maidenfans might like more.

Specifically, prog metal bands ... and I'd like to go prog metal after Floyd. Switch off between traditional prog and prog metal.

Symphony X is looking especially good. We'll have to wait and see... :halo:

Re: Cheap Trick,

All these are terrific straight up rock albums, there was a drop-off after these for sure, but as with all music, it's certainly a matter of taste.

Cheap Trick (1977)
In Color (1977)
Heaven Tonight (1978)
Dream Police (1979)
All Shook Up (1980)
One on One (1982)
Next Position Please (1983)

It's gotta be Slayer. 11 albums is a good sized body of work for a survivor. Early favorites are likely Angel of Death, Raining Blood, Dead Skin Mask, Seasons in the Abyss and South of Heaven.

Back