Vote for the best

A

Anonymous

well i saw some people in DoD poll wroted their best albums overall so i decieded to make a poll to answer that question once for all

happy voting

[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] People people people!

I'm just going to step in here & defend the Blaze era. Ok, the tracks are very different from the rest of the back catalogue but they're not nessecerily bad!

X Factor is good record, yes I'll admit that there are moments in both that and in Virtual XI when they plod too much & the unison gets to me, but it needed practise.

They're using the unison thing now in DoD & it's sounding heavy & kickass.

It's all Maiden, just at different times & trying different things, 7th Son was very different to what had gone before. As for VXI, a lot of it needed speeding up, or at least not to sound like the click track was still in the background but aren't most Maiden studio things like that?! These guys come into the fore when very live & full of MAIDEN ENERGY & WITH HUGE BALLS!

BTW, we do realise that X Factor is one of Steve's favourite albums?

PD

[!--QuoteBegin-Max_Stax+Sep 18 2003, 10:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Max_Stax @ Sep 18 2003, 10:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] People people people!

I'm just going to step in here & defend the Blaze era. Ok, the tracks are very different from the rest of the back catalogue but they're not nessecerily bad!

X Factor is good record, yes I'll admit that there are moments in both that and in Virtual XI when they plod too much & the unison gets to me, but it needed practise.

They're using the unison thing now in DoD & it's sounding heavy & kickass.

It's all Maiden, just at different times & trying different things, 7th Son was very different to what had gone before. As for VXI, a lot of it needed speeding up, or at least not to sound like the click track was still in the background but aren't most Maiden studio things like that?! These guys come into the fore when very live & full of MAIDEN ENERGY & WITH HUGE BALLS!

BTW, we do realise that X Factor is one of Steve's favourite albums?

PD [/quote]
hey brother don`t get me wrong
i like x factor very much, and i think you, me and Steve "the god" harris are only people who like it
VXI is not good but it has some brilliant moments (like clansman etc...)

I love Blaze-era Maiden. Honestly. Yeah, there are songs I dislike (The Angel and the Gambler comes to mind) but both albums are awesome. His voice is amazingly dark. Although I love Rock in Rio, Bruce's voice just doesn't hit the nail on Sign of the Cross.

The X-Factor is a favourite album of mine...I mean, after I get below my top 3 its a 6 way tie. And I loved a lot of the stuff from Virtual XI. Futureal, The Clansman, The Educated Fool, Lightning Strikes Twice, When Two Worlds Collide, all are awesome songs.

Finally. Blaze's solo stuff is AMAZING. I love it. I can't wait to get my hands on "As Live As It Gets".

Top 8 Maiden albums:

1) 7th Son (my vote)
2) Powerslave
3) Piece of Mind
4) DOD
5) No of the Beast
6) Brave New World
7) Iron Maiden
8) Somewhere in Time

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My top 5:
Top 8 Maiden albums:

1) Piece of Mind
2) Powerslave
3) NOTB
4) IM / KILLERS
5) DOD / BNW

Ok, top Maiden (studio) albums, i THINK in this order;

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Dance of Death
X-Factor
Brave New World
Somewhere in Time

But there are others up there as well. It all gets confusing! They're the best overall I think!!!

PD

PS - yeah, bit of a rant on the Blaze thing, sorry about that but it's something I get very het up over! [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back