Visions of the Beast

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
I signed up to cd101.co.uk and they send me a regular newsletter.
I had an email from them today featuring a sale and one of the items was this:

[a href=\'http://www.101cd.com/video/info.asp?id=807847&asptnr=8212\' target=\'_blank\']Visions of the Beast - Sale[/a]

£9.99 with free postage to the UK. Those of you that said you couldnt afford it, take advantage of this now. An excellent dvd. A bargain.

[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] go buy! now! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You should already know, but its a 2 dvd set featuring all of maidens' videos and some lives aswell! I sound like i work for the damn company, trying to sell it. It is good though.

Everybody should have this. This is the ultimate Maiden best-of.

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 22 2004, 04:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 22 2004, 04:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You should already know, but its a 2 dvd set featuring all of maidens' videos and some lives aswell! I sound like i work for the damn company, trying to sell it. It is good though. [/quote]
I know, I've had it for more than a year. I must've watched it like 2-300 times [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

it really is a good watch. One day ill be bored and think... what to do... visions! *eyes light up*. Its probably one of the best pruchases ive ever made.

watching it, I almost convinced a friend to go to the auditions for "Idols" and sing "afraid to shoot strangers". Would've been sure to get him his 15 seconds of fame [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i payed bloody double that! SCREW WHSMITH!! [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Although i did get it when it first came out [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ......

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Jun 22 2004, 10:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Jun 22 2004, 10:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I got it in a sale at hmv for 14.99 [/quote]
That's just about the price I paid for it, only I paid in Danish crowns [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i payed 20 quid. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

actually, I find the menus very badly done and irritating. The animations are substandard at best. The videos more than make up for this luckily [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i strongly disagree. it is evident that they put very much effort into it and the menus are wonderful and truly classy, wothry of a band like maiden

They're certainly not ugly, I'll agree with that, but it makes we crazy to have to wait aaages for anything to happen due to the poor design of the menus (which maiden probably didn't have much to say about). For example, the main menu - you have to wait for the music to start before you can move on and it doesn't just play on in the background, it starts over each time you select a new menu item! But, as I said, the videos more than make up for that!

It's got some cool extras too. The Camp Chaos videos are great, especially the Aces High, Flight of Icarus, and the Trooper versions.

And Holy Smoke is absolutley hilarious. I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

Back