V-picks and pick slipping.

Mega

Ancient Mariner
I got my V-picks today.
One large, really flart shredding one.
One medium sized medium witdh one.
One large, 2.75 mm width Screamer one.

Now, the main reason I bought these is because they say that these can't slip: and that's a huge thing for me, I have to readjust every 5 seconds when I'm playing.

Well, I've been playing with the large one, and it feels good, but it still slips.
I am officially holding the pick like a pussy. Any suggestions?
OK EDIT: I hold it as hard as I can and it still slips. I'm not holding it like a pussy, I'm holding it like a dumbass, but I hold it just like everyone says: thumb on one side, side of finger on the other.
EDIT NUMBER2: I've been playing with the fatass screamer for the past 2 hours or so, and let me tell you it feels GREAT. It started slipping a whole lot less, the tone is freaking amazing and it gives a really great staccato feel. I need to work on my rhythm playing a bit because it's so different than what I'm used to, but it will sound amazing afterwards.
I highly recommand it!

try holding the pick with 3 fingers. It doesn't work for everyone but apparently holding it with 2 fingers is a problem for you.

edit: just noticed your 2nd edit. Still, you should try three fingers on the other pick. (middle,pointer,thumb.)

Still slipping.

You know, 3 fingers just feels wrong. And you really can't pal mute like that, no matter how much you practice.

Mega said:
Still slipping.

You know, 3 fingers just feels wrong. And you really can't pal mute like that, no matter how much you practice.
it takes practice and getting used to. It might have to be something you do when you start. Someone who has been holding a pick with 3 fingers probally thinks that holding it with 2 fingers is wrong.

Funny that you mention flat pick in terms of shredding. Because i do my leads with Dunlop Jazz III and Dunlop Stubby (which is a small 3mm fat pick!). And do rhythm parts with standard size flat pick. Completely opposite  ;)

It maybe just me, but i think with fat smaller pick i can cover a lot more sounds coming from the picking hand, considering that fingers are closer to strings and it's easier to pull out harmonics of any opacity with greater control.

I already really like my V-pick, it'll be a while before I buy a new type of magic pick.
I do need to look into the gorilla snot stuff, see if it has an some sort of equivalent around here.

Back