USA Politics

Travis, you want people to respect your views but then you disrespect theirs by disregarding them without even attempting to understand them.

Edit: Sounds like an interesting book. Should I buy the sheet music version?

Things always change. Even when they go downhill, at one point they will start changing for better but if so much damage has been done, what's the point of it. Groups of people hate other groups of people and blame their ill being on them. Drag the waters, re-question everything, and you'll see that you're the only one responsible for your own misery and happiness. Above all those politics, lefts rigths, races, colours, categories and boxes people put themselves into is life, and you should treat all life with compassion like it's your own.

If someone asking you doesn't understand it that way, tell them just to be good Christians ffs.

Deadliest shooting ever in the USA. I suppose the man had the right to have at least ten automatic weapons in his hotelroom. Glad this nonsense, probably defended by law, does not happen outside the USA.

Last edited:
Deadliest shooting ever in the USA. I suppose the man had the right to have at least eight automatic weapons in his hotelroom. Glad this nonsense, probably defended by law, does not happen outside the USA.
I don't know why the guy needed to go to the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay when he could have just borrowed that high horse and had a much better vantage point.

Forostar's comment is harsh, badly timed, maybe even completely misplaced, and utterly valid.

Condolences to the people of USA, it was a terrible day indeed.

Edit : I'd like to switch discussion and ask our Americans how they feel about the whole Trump Golf Club and Puerto Rico interaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit, I am shocked every time such a shooting massacre takes place outside a war zone. A bit less shocked when they happen in the US because we have seen so many,

I just don't get ... it's hard enough to understand that someone can kill random strangers for religious or political reasons. But it's even harder to understand how someone can do that when no such reason is known, because then the murderer must have his own individual reason for the bloodlust.

Of course, when everyone can have guns, even maniacs can. But I don't feel like discussing gun laws when the victims of the latest massacre aren't even counted ...

My thoughts are with those who have lost someone, it probably doesn't do anything for them, but that's life.

I suppose the man had the right to have at least ten automatic weapons in his hotelroom.

No, he almost certainly fucking didn't.

And until information comes out that the guy somehow legally possessed fully-automatic weapons -- which is extremely unlikely given the massive restrictions on such weapons in the U.S. -- it would be best to keep comments like that in check, lest you make a fool of yourself.

Last edited:
From IDF officer via Quora, answering the question why army uses assault rifles when it's widely known that automatic mode is seldom used

Indeed the usage of rifles by well trained soldiers is almost entirely on semi (single round, semiautomatic) mode.

Allows for accuracy, prevents failure and saves ammo.

That said, combat is dynamic, and scenarios vary.

A patrol can very quickly turn into close quarters combat.
A force can find itself in need of short suppressive fire bursts and no access to a light machine gun, etc.

This versatility is the main reason for the prevalence of the assault rifle.
A saying in the IDF goes "Battle is the kingdom of uncertainty", accordingly, the modem combatant must be capable of accomplishing more with less.

Spray mode is most effective for panicking the enemy in close quarters. For any other encounter you will find the carbine as effective as assault variant. Simply put, Forostar may have used wrong term, automatic vs assault, in the heat of the moment responding to this terrible situation. If you employed any professionals to wreck massive amount of unsuspecting people in the USA they'd just go into the store, buy themselves carbines, get into position and start putting bullets into people's chests and heads without spraying stupid automatic fire all over the place.

TLDR; Your comment is irrelevant

No and I'm not even sure what he used.

If you wanted to take down a number of unarmed open targets from range, you would use the rifle legally obtainable in the USA, even if you had access to machine guns and rocket launchers. My point is debating whether his alleged automatic rifles were legally possessed is irrelevant because the american gun system actually allows some ordinary citizen to buy weapons optimal for this very scenario.

The guy potshot them all. Like those youtubers on gun channels that go out, buy a semiauto produced by a nice all-American arms company, with mods and tacticool gear made by new American startups. Then they discuss the weapon with great enthusiasm, and put it on trials and tribulations to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of the weapon. Then they go out on the range, and fire at pots.

Gun culture is to take the blame, not the video games or illegaly procured photon torpedoes.

I'm with Wingman on this, I'm uncomfortable about getting into the technicalities or involved debates on gun laws so soon.

Back