USA Politics

Meanwhile, good luck with differentiating between neutral articles and the skewed ones, Cornfed. Do it less incorrectly, that helps.

Last edited:
Also, before Travis asks - it is highly unlikely that the Obama administration tapped Trump, Trump Tower, Trump's people, etc.

Related to my post on fake news and biased media: it is important to be aware that also the selection of news stories can contribute to a skewed total - even if each individual story is factual. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular here -I think this happens to some extent all across the political spectrum. Some are extreme in this respect.

I actually think it's a possibility that Trump is trying to fight the Illuminati and New World Order. As it's been pointed out many times, he is calling out much of the news media for being fake. In this clip, John McCain LITERALLY says that a fundamental part of the New World Order is a free press, the very free press that Trump is speaking out against.

Yes, McCain is referring to the world order that was established after WW2. This is what happens when uneducated people listen to what people say without understanding the words that come out of their mouths.

Lol. Was wondering if Illumidiots would jump on that.

Good interview btw, good to see Republicans standing up to Trump on this issue.

This is what happens when uneducated people listen to what people say without understanding the words that come out of their mouths.

I don't think being uneducated is enough to draw those conclusions. You need something extra, if you know what I mean.

So it looks like, with the wiretaps, what happened is the FBI requested (and was granted) a FISA warrant to tap the phones of certain members of the Trump entourage (such as Paul Manafort and Roger Stone) who had potentially illegal contacts with Russian interests. This is called the FBI doing its job.

Definitely not used to having a president who doesn't understand how his own government works.

I think Trump's taking his role very seriously. You're just not used to someone like him who isn't a typical politician.

He takes himself, and the way he is portrayed by others, very seriously. Hence his constant need to reply to all kinds of criticism. He knows that he is controversial, because it has been his strategy ever since he decided to run for the office. But many had hoped - I guess - that once he was elected, he would be able and willing to rise above everyday criticism and not spend his time arguing with his critics on Twitter.

If he thinks his critics are clueless and dumb, why bother answering them?

Last edited:
I think Trump's taking his role very seriously. You're just not used to someone like him who isn't a typical politician.
A serious president understands the nuclear triad. A serious president understands that the courts can (and will) overrule him if he issues un-constitutional orders, like his first travel ban clearly was. I don't mind that he isn't a typical politician, in that he comes from outside the system - I truly don't. I mind that he doesn't care to understand the US Government, and the massive amounts of power therein - but, I suspect, not as massive as he desires.

I suspect Trump would only be sated if the presidency came with a crown. Or perhaps a bundle of sticks with an axe amongst them.

Or perhaps a bundle of sticks with an axe amongst them.

cat-hitler1.jpg

Kitler sees what you did there.

Lovely .. big government at its finest ... and typical mode .. protecting us of course

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-and-cars-for-spying/?utm_term=.864dbcd10f21

The latest revelations about U.S. government’s powerful hacking tools potentially takes surveillance right into the homes and hip pockets of billions of users worldwide, showing how a remarkable variety of every day devices can be turned to spy on their owners.

Televisions, smartphones and Internet-connected vehicles are all vulnerable to CIA hacking, according to the Wikileaks documents released Tuesday. The capabilities described include recording the sounds, images and the private text messages of users, even when they use encrypted apps to communicate. The CIA also studied whether it could infect vehicle control systems used by modern cars and trucks, which Wikileaks said could allow “nearly undetectable assassinations.”

In the case of a tool called “Weeping Angel” for attacking Samsung SmartTVs, Wikileaks wrote, “After infestation, Weeping Angel places the target TV in a 'Fake-Off' mode, so that the owner falsely believes the TV is off when it is on, In 'Fake-Off' mode the TV operates as a bug, recording conversations in the room and sending them over the Internet to a covert CIA server.”

The documents, which The Washington Post could not independently verify and the CIA has declined to confirm, list supposed tools for cracking into such widely popular devices as Apple’s iPhone or the Android smartphones whose operating system is made by Google, but there are marked differences from the 2013 revelations by the National Security Agency’s former contractor Edward Snowden.

The big problem with WikiLeaks isn't that they release this information - it's that their exclusive target seems to be the USA. I can pretty much guarantee that China/Russia is pulling the same crap.

The big problem with WikiLeaks isn't that they release this information - it's that their exclusive target seems to be the USA. I can pretty much guarantee that China/Russia is pulling the same crap.
This seems to be the major thing that is being overlooked with the recent leaks. Wikileaks isn't doing this as a favor to the American people. It's to undermine the USA's spying while other countries (namely Russia) can keep it secret.

I'm not necessarily against Wikileaks or whistleblowers in general, but the intention needs to be considered. Both parties can be wrong.

Back