Unreleased Iron Maiden

TFF 01

Trooper
Hey, does anyone hope and think Iron Maiden will eventually release all their unreleased stuff?  Either in a massive box set, or just a bunch of individual releases.  I'm sure there is a ton of stuff.  Thoughts?

I'm sure there's plenty for a CD... I mean to have a CD of 10 songs they probably write or work on 30... then there are the covers and b-sides.... So MASSIVE box set? I don't think so, but definitely enough to keep fans occupied between releases or when they finally retire.

Onhell said:
I'm sure there's plenty for a CD... I mean to have a CD of 10 songs they probably write or work on 30... then there are the covers and b-sides.... So MASSIVE box set? I don't think so, but definitely enough to keep fans occupied between releases or when they finally retire.

Imagine though that there is unreleased songs from most, if not all their albums.  15 studio albums...there is surely TONS of leftover studio tracks.  Not mentioning demos, outtakes, and other rarities.  There is probably enough for a box set.  Or maybe they can just release individual albums periodically after they retire.

I wouldn't be surprised if something popped up a few years after they break up. Would be a waste if they didn't release songs they'd demo'ed.

TFF 01 said:
Imagine though that there is unreleased songs from most, if not all their albums.  15 studio albums...there is surely TONS of leftover studio tracks.  Not mentioning demos, outtakes, and other rarities.  There is probably enough for a box set.  Or maybe they can just release individual albums periodically after they retire.

But they've already released a box sets... Eddie's Archives, BBC Archives and Best of the B-sides. Granted they are not "outtakes" or previously unreleased songs. Just saying the first 11 CDs are covered in that. They could do another from newer material.

As it usually happens the record company will probably release something previously unreleased after Maiden quits.

I think the band has hardly anything recorded as a group, which wasn't released.
Individual members have recorded own ideas (demos / raw recordings) but these are (I assume) not complete songs, nor are they band (thus Iron Maiden) efforts.

Murder89 said:
As it usually happens the record company will probably release something previously unreleased after Maiden quits.

Maybe one or two songs but I remember (I admit I can't provide a source) that Steve once said something in the vein of: Maiden always "uses" all recordings. I might be wrong, who knows.

That's true. They released unused songs from Iron Maiden on Killers and I remember reading something about some X Factor leftovers being reworked for BNW...

No. It's Vitual XI leftovers that turned into Blood Brothers, The Mercenary, Dream Of Mirrors and The Nomad, some with credits to Blaze which must have had received a good stash of money to have his name removed.

I sure hope there are somme unreleased songs.

It's kinda unrelated, because it was the B side on their first single, but I would love to listen to songs in the vein of Burning Ambition.

All bands you can think off have unreleased songs, unfinished songs, covers, tapes and tapes and tapes and tapes of riffs. Mind you that Steve assembled The Angel And The Gambler from ideas he had from a few years back from 1998. I wonder how many gems are unreleased and I hope that a really comprehensive obx of rarities get released after the band's demise.

Unreleased stuff is usually unreleased for a very good reason: it's usually not very good. Even if Maiden has much (which, like Foro, I highly doubt) it's probable that whatever they have is crap.

No band, not even Maiden, gets a hit every time at the plate. If the band hasn't put it out there already, leave it alone.

Jeffmetal said:
No. It's Vitual XI leftovers that turned into Blood Brothers, The Mercenary, Dream Of Mirrors and The Nomad, some with credits to Blaze which must have had received a good stash of money to have his name removed.
I remember reading him being angry by having credits removed.

So I don't think he got that much. Or anything.

I think I read in an interview that he was compensated, but Rod basically didn't give him a choice to keep the credits.

Jeffmetal said:
No. It's Vitual XI leftovers that turned into Blood Brothers, The Mercenary, Dream Of Mirrors and The Nomad,

I haven't heard the exact songs before, so... wow.  How can they have considered even parts of those songs leftovers when Virtual XI has songs like TAATG?  The best parts of Virtual XI combined with those would have made for an album almost as good as Brave New World.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Unreleased stuff is usually unreleased for a very good reason: it's usually not very good. Even if Maiden has much (which, like Foro, I highly doubt) it's probable that whatever they have is crap.

No band, not even Maiden, gets a hit every time at the plate. If the band hasn't put it out there already, leave it alone.

I utterly disagree, although Iommi said he has shoe boxes of riffs in tapes and he won't release it 'cos they weren't even used  in the first place, so why rip off people later with these box sets of rarities. How can you judge it if you didn't listen? For The Greater Good Of God and Futureal are songs which I wouldn't miss if they weren't put on their respective albums. Black Sabbath released Weevil Woman '71 and it's a really nice song that was in the vaults since 1971 and the band thought it wouldn't fit Master Of Reality. And I want more coming up from the bands I dig.

Sorry, it's The Thin Line Between & Hate I read long time ago. Gonna try to find the interview or the article.

Back