1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular Maiden Opinions

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by THESEVENTHMARINER, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Manofsorrows

Manofsorrows I know what i want

:funnypost:

2. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I've got a few, all somewhat related.

Piece of Mind and Brave New World are highly overrated. Killers and Dance of Death are highly underrated.

Killers > Piece of Mind
    Dance of Death > Brave New World

The Mercenary - Dream of Mirrors - The Fallen Angel is the worst 3 song stretch in Iron Maiden's entire discography.

3. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Agreed with POM and BNW. The latter is my least favorite album in their discography, and POM, while my seventh favorite overall, is nothing compared to TBOS, FOTD, TNOTB, SIT, SSOASS, and Powerslave. On the other hand, Killers isn't one of my all-time favorite albums despite some good songs, and DOD is only slightly better than BNW.

I went through every single album and I can't find three consecutive songs that I'd say are all bad. The Mercenary and The Fallen Angel, whilst a bit weak, compared to DOM are great songs. I've found this with all of the albums. "Strange World... Charlotte... oh fuck, Iron Maiden is an awesome song. Nope." I really can't choose.

4. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

Is it now? o_O

5. Diesel 11

Yes. Best one on the debut.

6. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

That's why it was such an easy decision to make. Just about ever other 3 song stretch has a very good/great song among it. The Mercenary and The Fallen Angel aren't terrible, but I'd say they classify as the definition of mediocre.

There's only two other 3 song stretches I could possibly even consider: Public Enema - Fates Warning - The Assassin, and When Two Worlds Collide - The Educated Fool - Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger. I guess I would need to re-listen to all of these to know for sure...

7. Diesel 11

These two I also considered, but couldn't because for the first, Public Enema I enjoy listening to, and for the latter, I do like DLTTEOAS. I think gun to the head maybe Mother of Mercy - Coming Home - The Alchemist, but... they're not bad songs. I dunno, I really couldn't choose. :confused: