UEFA EURO 2016

Which country will you root for?

• Total voters
Well second half had more action than some of the games in the first week combined. It looks like France could be lifting the trophy on their own ground again, after 18 years. Might be wrong but I think Deschamps was in the first 11 on that World Cup. But knowing Portugal on this tournament, if Griezmann/Payet don't make some kind of their magic shot, finals could easily go into extra time.

Semi final: France - Portugal. Check that first free kick! :eek:
And nice commentary by John Motts, from late 1970s to 2008 the dominant football commentary figure at the BBC. E.g. here. :)

Last edited:
Allez les bleus! Great to see France back to contending ways after years of lacklustre displays at big tournaments.

Germany lacked width. One game where a lack of a true striker (like Gomez) and a world-class winger (like Reus) was really noticeable.

Last Portuguese victory vs France was before most of us (even myself included) were born:

26 April 1975, Stade de Colombes, Paris; International Friendly; Attendance: 24,816

France - Portugal: 0-2
Nene: 0-1 (21st)
Mario Meteus 'Marinho': 0-2 (64th)

All later matches (7 friendlies, 2 Euros, 1 World Cup) were victories for France.

Last edited:
Watching the closing ceremony before the game. The official EURO 2016 theme is probably one of the most annoying pieces of music I can remember listening too for quite a while...

Anyways, now go France!

I'd rather see Portugal lose with CR on the pitch. Sad he got injured. But injuries are part of football - it happens.

Also, this game has been pretty dull so far -only a couple of chances. Not surprising.

Well... I don't care much, but I think I'm leaning more towards Portugal. They are the underdog now and it's better to say that Poland was eliminated by the champion, lol. Besides, the shitstorm after Portugal's arguably undeserved win will be entertaining. ;)

Oh man, I feel so bad for Ronaldo... That's utterly devastating for him. Made me root for Portugal more.

Nooo Cristiano was supposed to cry after the game

Dirty Payet. Go Portugal!

Fuck the arrogant French and their whistling crowd.

LOL what? That was one of the cleanest challenges I've ever seen. All ball. Payet and Ronaldo's knee touched because Ronaldo had his back turned against Payet so he wasn't expecting to lose the ball. He couldn't get his leg out of the way as a result. Has nothing to do with Payet being dirty. Just bad luck for Ronaldo.

Back