1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Twilight Zone on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

9.3%
  2. 9

4.7%
  3. 8

20.9%
  4. 7

14.0%
  5. 6

27.9%
  6. 5

16.3%
  7. 4

4.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.3%
  1. Iron Frontier

Iron Frontier Invader

8/10. Maybe it's the rad artwork of the single but TZ has always been a track I look forward to hearing. There's just something about it and I can't put my finger on it. Gonna go re listen to it now.

2. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

5/10. Pretty mediocre overall, IMO; Paul's vocals don't do it for me here.

3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

1/10

Bluesy swing guitars lead into Twilight Zone, another completely un-Maiden track with cringeworthy falsetto vocals from Paul. This song was originally released as a single in the UK, but never made the album. It was released on the North American version and has been included on re-releases ever since. How they ever thought Twilight Zone would make a good single is beyond me and I wish it were left off the album entirely. It does have a slight Thin Lizzy vibe, which leads me to believe that a record company executive was trying to catch a wave too late.

4. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

• The main riff is mediocre.
    • Di'Anno's vocals on the chorus is actually a highlight of the song for me and I generally don't like it when he goes for the high notes.
    • The guitar harmony after the chorus is pure 80s Judas Priest.
    • It's not that good of a song but it's not particularly bad either. Not something I'd skip.
    5/10.

5. Collin

Collin Jambi

Paul's worst song when he was in Maiden. Way too short for a Maiden song. I hate the lyrics, I hate the way they are sung, I hate the vibe of it. Dave delivers with some slightly redeeming guitar work. This is a song I always skip.
    4/10

6. Bombusbombus

Bombusbombus Nomad

I started to write and then realized it was basically just what @LooseCannon just said. So...

6/10

Brigantium likes this.
  7. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

That happens a lot around here.

8. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

Not a terrible song, but not a particularly good one either. Especially at this point in the album, there are a few good reasons to skip it. The vocal line is probably the worst element.

4/10

9. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Long time my favourite Killers track. What I like very much is the rock'n'roll groove, also present in Death Or Glory :) Bad there's no proper solo. The drum/guitar coupling in the chorus is just bombastic. 8

10. Liveone

Liveone Nomad

I have the original 1981 7" single.
    It was released as a double A-Side with Wrathchild.:)

11. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I think this song is so underrated. I love that opening riff and swing. Great chorus too. Not to mention the awesome twin leads after the chorus, I love the way that builds. For such a simple song it has a lot going on. Fun little track.

12. Nick2632

Nick2632 Nomad

8/10. Though this song is short, it's packed with a ton of energy and I enjoy Paul's vocals in it, but I can see why some don't. Really keeps the energy flowing through the 2nd side after Killers.

13. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

6. Simple, catchy song. I like Di Anno trying a falsetto.

Rankings:

1980 - Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
    6 - Sanctuary
    7 - Remember Tomorrow
    6 - Running Free
    9 - Phantom Of The Opera
    7 - Transylvania
    4 - Strange World
    6 - Charlotte The Harlot
    7 - Iron Maiden

1981 - Killers

6 - The Ides Of March
    6 - Wrathchild
    6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
    5 - Another Life
    5 - Genghis Khan
    5 - Innocent Exile
    8 - Killers
    5 - Prodigal Son
    8 - Purgatory
    6 - Twilight Zone

14. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Not a huge fan of this song. I love the chorus though! 8/10

15. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Not a fan of Paul's singing here. Decent song, but probably the weakest song on the album. 6/10

16. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

A bit forgettable. Honestly can't think what it's like until I play it. When I do it's....ok.

17. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

A filler. Nothing else. Love the riff, though.

6/10

18. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Like with Strange World, I can't decide if this song should get a 6 or a 7, but this time I'm going with 7/10. It's a short track, which gets some bonus points for not overdoing itself, and it's overall a fun one, if a little mediocre and not overly memorable. More Beatles feels BTW.