TV appearance (the paradise club)- Bruce & Janick

soundwave

Educated Fool
My apologies if this has been posted before (I did a forum search and didn't immediately see it), but here's Bruce guest starring n a British drama from 1990. I actually forgot about it and stumbled upon it randomly on Youtube.

(I realize that this is old hat for some of you, but thought it would be fun for some folks who have never seen it! Bruce shows up at the 9 second mark and appears throughout the episode - I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching it all the way through as the cheese factor is pretty bad - but it's a trip to watch Bruce in a show like this!)

It's been posted before. Maybe in the interview/video thread, can't remember. A fun watch anyways. I wonder how they got the job?

I'm not quite sure if I'd call it cheesy - it's of its time, certainly, but I thought Bruce actually acquitted himself rather well on the acting front, and it's interesting to see Leslie Grantham playing the hero for a change.

I would actually be interested to see more of that series, as it escaped my notice completely when it was broadcast.

My apologies if this has been posted before (I did a forum search and didn't immediately see it), but here's Bruce guest starring n a British drama from 1990. I actually forgot about it and stumbled upon it randomly on Youtube.

(I realize that this is old hat for some of you, but thought it would be fun for some folks who have never seen it! Bruce shows up at the 9 second mark and appears throughout the episode - I wouldn't necessarily recommend watching it all the way through as the cheese factor is pretty bad - but it's a trip to watch Bruce in a show like this!)

Thanks for posting. I remember watching it back in the day and being gobsmacked when Bruce appeared! Not sure if I recognised Janick back then though.

For those that do not know, this TV show was the influence to the artwork for the Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter vinyl single. Notice Eddie is in front of the Paradise club back door :)

Check the Bruce vid topic. Posted recently for the second time about it and found an early version of Nodding Donkey Blues.

I remember this episode airing, it was very exciting at the time. My sister was living in the UK, and she kindly recorded it onto VHS tape for me. Took two weeks for it to arrive in the mail (I live in New Zealand). So different to the digital age :)

I still have the video tape at home, although it has been at least 15 years since I had a video player on which to view it!

Back