Tournament Of Short Songs: Phase 1, Round 40

Vote for 1 or 2 of your FAVORITE songs:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules, list of songs and YouTube playlist of all songs in this thread.
I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

Death - Pull The Plug
I - The Storm I Ride
KISS - Love Gun
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind

So we've reached the end of Phase 1! Phase 2 will start in 10 days when all Phase 1 polls end. Rounds 36, 37, 38, 39 and 40 are all still open, so vote there if you haven't by now :)

Pull The Plug - Great riffs, super catchy.
The Storm I Ride - Such a cool song, awesome riffs and solo section. For the uninformed, this is basically the heavy metal version of the black metal band Immortal. 3 then-former members of that band formed this band after Immortal broke up. It's quite reminiscent of Immortal in terms of riffs, but there's no blast beats and vocals are more Lemmy than black metal. First vote goes to I :)
Love Gun - OK song, but the chorus is kinda boring + I'm not really a big fan of KISS.
Sweet Home Alabama - Legendary song, gets my second vote.
Slave To The Grind - Tough competition for this song, it's OK, but probably the weakest in this round...

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooo hoooo hoooooove Guuuuuu huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Like some of the riffing, but not really a fan of Death
I is a little better. Vocals are like Lemmy, but without the weird magnetism.
Love Gun is one of Kiss's better tracks, love the instrumental bit.
The Skynyrd track is deservedly iconic.
Skid Row song shows the good side of hair metal.

I hate Sweet Home Alabama, I'd pick any other song here to win over that.

Just voting for Love Gun, one of my all time favorite Kiss songs. The guitar solo is killer.

The result of this group is very disappointing. I am trying to convince myself that I am on a Maidenfans forum and not some southern rock and country community.

Nothing*, but I expected that most people out here prefer the music presented in Love Gun.
Again I wonder how the people feel who voted for both songs. Was this really what they wanted?

* well, personally, I find it boring.

I don't mind southern rock or country, they can be pretty good at times, but I can't stand Lynyrd Skynrd.

I don't know if there's something wrong with the community choosing it though. I like when this board shows diversity in tastes.

Iconic and legendary.
smi41.gif

Iryo. Love Gun is boring to me because the chorus is just the title repeated constantly, and I rarely like that.

Back