Tournament Of Short Songs: Phase 1, Round 39

Vote for 1 or 2 of your FAVORITE songs:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules, list of songs and YouTube playlist of all songs in this thread.
I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

Blaze Bayley - Robot
Devin Townsend Project - Hyperdrive!
Operator - The Only One
Primal Rock Rebellion - No Place Like Home
Scar Symmetry - 2012 - The Demise Of The 5th Sun

The guitars in that Blaze song and Primal Rock Rebellion sound like someone having a seizure on an open string. Also, who the hell is Primal Rock Rebellion? They sound like a terrible SOAD clone for blue-collar metal. Operator is mediocre alt/radio metal with a poor singer. Scar Symmetry sounds like a big ball of triggers.

The DTP song is the only one I listened to all the way through without being annoyed, so I'll vote for that.

...I was honestly completely oblivious to this side project. But sincerely, the vocals are trash. I wish Adrain were singing.

...I was honestly completely oblivious to this side project.
GbOIlJw.gif

I understand that the vocals might not be everyone's cup of tea. But that wasn't a bad decision. Thing is, Adrian specifically wanted to work with Mikee as a singer. The whole project was planned with that idea in mind. It was an experiment and it was quite successful, in my opinion.

I find this very interesting. With British Lion, I read a lot of complaints on this site about the vocals, even though the guy had a pretty conventional sound and decent chops.
It was surprising to me compared to the fact I read no complaints about Mikee's very unconventional style.

I was initially taken aback by that style, but grew to love it.

I was jut listening to the album this morning and I agree with Ariana, a deliberate artistic experiment, and a very successful one.

I am not sure if H's melodic -and if I may say bluesy- voice would suit such music anyway. Perhaps the more mellow tracks.

Not kidding. Too each their own, I suppose. I just really don't like Mikee's style of singing.

I am not sure if H's melodic -and if I may say bluesy- voice would suit such music anyway. Perhaps the more mellow tracks.

Both songs I've heard would sound better to my ears with Adrian singing, bluesy or no.

Good round of songs:
Blaze was the most mediocre, but still something I wouldn't skip.
Scar symmetry is a rare growler band that I enjoy despite the vocals, just good clean metal songs.
Liked the energy of the Operator
PRR has all the energy of that one, in a fresh arrangement, plus a killer solo and a very catchy chorus.
Townsend is next on my list to explore. This one reminded me of Skunkworks.
Votes go to the last two.

Back