Tournament Of Short Songs: Phase 1, Round 24

Vote for 1 or 2 of your FAVORITE songs:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
You can find the rules, list of songs and YouTube playlist of all songs in this thread.
I'll also put a link for each new round there and the thread is stickied so that it's easier to find.

Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Fall Of Man
My Dying Bride - The Forever People
ReVamp - Wild Card
Septicflesh - Anubis
Soilwork - Shadowchild

ETOS - Yeah, I don't like the vocals either :p But the song is insanely catchy. Plus they have one amazing album (Children Of The Dark Waters) so I can say I'm a fan :)
MDB - I like MDB, but not stuff like this... Gimme slow brooding stuff and doom, not death metal.
ReVamp - Awesome song. It ended up in this round because of the growls near the end of the song.

Actually I don't think I've mentioned how I grouped the songs:
I divided all songs into 6 groups: heavy metal, power metal, thrash metal, rock, extreme (everything with growls) and unassigned songs. Thrash metal was the smallest group (13 songs iirc), so I had to move those songs into other groups. That left me with 4 groups + unassigned, all uneven in number of songs. So I drew 6 rounds for each of the 4 groups. For example: after drawing 6 rounds with heavy metal songs, the remaining heavy metal songs were moved to the unassigned group. So there's 6 rounds each for heavy metal, power metal, rock and extreme (=24), and 16 mixed rounds.

Septicflesh - One of my favorites. Great riffs/melodies. They also used a real orchestra on this song/album :)
Soilwork - Great chorus, but the song is weaker than their other song in this game...

Anyway, I'm voting for ETOS and Septicflesh.

I only found the Septicflesh song deserving of a vote. I dislike the symphonic sounding chorus but the riffs are tight.

Back