Tournament of Maiden Solos: Tiebreak: 1B ==> 2 (2nd)

Which guitar solo would you like to survive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost voted for Judas and Thin Line, but the brevity of each counts against them in the long run.

Going for the insane mad-cappity of OTGDY and Seventh Son, as well as the energy of 2MTM, the perfection of DWYBO, and the simple, melodic, emotional CEA.

I'm really not that impressed by WW's solo, don't know why it gets so much love.
You're not confusing it with the other WW solo, are you?

Anyway, I love the way this one starts. Very melodic and later it gets more adventurous. It sticks out because it surely sounds more prepared than the average Dave Murray solo.

You're not confusing it with the other WW solo, are you?

Anyway, I love the way this one starts. Very melodic and later it gets more adventurous. It sticks out because it surely sounds more prepared than the average Dave Murray solo.

I'm sure. I do appreciate Murray's structure here, I'm just not a fan of the technique choices. I also love that first melodic run but it goes downhill from there. I'm generally not a fan of that tapping sound you hear in the second phase of this solo.

Judas is a Weekend Alchemist Amigo who Tames Strangers

(I wanted to vote for 7 solos and couldn't choose, but Dye Your Boots has enough votes as is)

This was really difficult. There's a concentration of some nice 90s solos here, particularly three from the FOTD album, but also some big, dramatic ones that feel like they deserve to go through, like SSOASS.

Judas Be My Guide
Weekend Warrior
- Considering this is a Maiden song I hardly ever listen to, this solo has really grown on me during this survivor. What a great, but not out-of-place lift, to an otherwise no-frills, quite plain song
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Two Minutes to Midnight -
is this the live version from Rock In Rio?
Afraid to Shoot Strangers
Como Estais Amigos

I just hope I picked the right numbers. :confused:

If anyone still wants to vote in the tiebreak: at this point we have 3 solos hanging in the balance. More info on this tiebreak + video to hear the solos: go here.

Back