Top 5 Iron Maiden Album Covers?

I see potential in Dance of Death, but I'd like to have seen it finished, or with the dancers removed altogether.

I think it was meant to look like a Hieronymus Bosch painting, nude figures and grotesques cavorting, a chaotic scene of temptation or of Hell itself. I don't know why they decided to go with the unfinished version. Maybe they thought it gave it a modern touch if it still looked decidedly computer generated, rather than too closely resembling a 15th/16th Century painting.

I think it was meant to look like a Hieronymus Bosch painting, nude figures and grotesques cavorting, a chaotic scene of temptation or of Hell itself. I don't know why they decided to go with the unfinished version. Maybe they thought it gave it a modern touch if it still looked decidedly computer generated, rather than too closely resembling a 15th/16th Century painting.

It was one of the biggest mistakes in the history of man.

That would've been so cool if they had got it right. Even the version without the figures, as seen in the tour poster, would've been great. Although poorly executed, I liked the vibe they were going for.

I would personally like to see Derek Riggs take the band to court over the rights to Eddie. Yes, they did have a 'head' onstage in the early days called Eddie, but the Eddie everyone knows was created and drawn by DR for the first album. The way they have treated him hasn't been the best after everything he did for them, rejecting his artwork etc.

I would personally like to see Derek Riggs take the band to court over the rights to Eddie. Yes, they did have a 'head' onstage in the early days called Eddie, but the Eddie everyone knows was created and drawn by DR for the first album. The way they have treated him hasn't been the best after everything he did for them, rejecting his artwork etc.

Not sure if serious...

1. Powerslave : All time favorite of mine. I have a pretty big flag of it hanging on the wall next to my bed. Amazing usage of colours, a creative composition and is very much in your face, meeting the power of the album and the album title.
2. Somewhere in Time : A very nice sci-fi work. I love the modelling of Eddie. The details obviously make this cover, always fun to find new things on there.
3. The Final Frontier : I don't think Eddie of this cover is well liked around Maiden fans, but I love it. It looks fierce. And the colours are just fantastic.
4. The Number of the Beast: I like the idea of the Devil controlling Eddie and Eddie controlling Devil. The modelling is again, top notch.
5. A Matter of Life and Death : Very creative. Great shapes, pretty much the perfect colouring for a war themed album. Very obvious that it's a work of a comics artist.

I love the Live After Death and Brave New World covers as well. Killers Eddie is the best Eddie modelling out there but the rest of the cover isn't that good.

And that's a bad thing? Only thing they have in common is that some objects are up ahead, much like Megadeth artworks. Nothing else. No Megadeth album cover has a composition like AMOLAD does. Maybe Peace Sells but that's about it. And they're much brighter in colour than AMOLAD.

They're supposed to automatically use his art no matter what? Some of those rejected Riggs covers are really not good.

Yeah, they started rejecting his artwork for a reason.

Back