Thousand_suns "tribute"

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
thousand_suns was banned around 2006. Yes, it's been nearly a decade.

One of the most mythical members in the history of Maidenfans. The man had an unique touch when it comes to presenting news.
Too often caught somewhere in time, always too late.

If he had the time to lose
An open mind and news to choose
Would he care to take a look
It already turned into a book

Time was never on his side

If we said he was behind
He did not respond, or in his mind
Always posting ancient news
What did he know, would he be scared

He'd irritate he did not see
Innocent as any soul can be... honestly
Guess he did not know

Posts by thousand_suns
Weird but also fun
Posts by thousand_suns... oh oh
Posts by thousand_suns
Weird but also fun

Like a man in a censored world
With recent news that all was furled
Felt some pity when his end had come
His name still beats like bongo drums

When he got his last warning
It did not really help a thing
He did not read ... he could only post!

Posts by thousand_suns
Weird but also fun
Posts by thousand_suns
Weird but also fun
It was his last run!

Last edited:
We can't reset passwords anymore :(

Actually, the problem is that when we moved to this forum software, everyone had to get a new activation email to keep their account going. We'd need to edit his email address so someone could receive his activation email, if that can still even be generated.

For the sake of accuracy, I dug into the old threads in the Secret Mod Forum. thousand_suns was banned by Perun on 18 October, 2007.

The "thousand_suns thread" is a classic of the Mod Forum. Most of you can't see it. Now declassified for the first time: how the mods handled thousand_suns. Here are some choice excerpts...

LooseCannon, 15 Sep 2007: "Fuck, I hate this guy." (opening post)

SMX, 16 Sep 2007: "I feel dirty for giving so much thought to this worthless fuck. My brain has better things to do."

LooseCannon, 17 Sep 2007: "Also, basically note that it is this joker's birthday and noone started a birthday thread."

SMX, 18 Sep 2007: "HE DID IT AGAIN. He deleted his latest post in the "Maiden Pictures" thread, and then he reposted the exact same thing. This time, he only waited one day after the original post to do so. Any reason we shouldn't ban this ass now?"

19 Sep 2007, working on a PM to t_s:
LC: Looks alright to me, but can we phrase it less aggressively?
SMX: what strikes you as "aggressive"?
LC: Generally things like "ATTENTION" make me feel on edge.
SMX: I thought that was a rather polite substitution for my original salutation: "Listen up, slime."

After LC's edits to the PM:
LC: I included a generic "don't be an attention whore" rule, so we can spank him for nearly anything that pisses us off.
SMX: WE are the forum rules. The document labelled "forum rules" is just a prop we use to pretend we're not complete bastards. Which of course we are. <evil grin>

On 23 Sep, I banned Slime for 2 weeks. During that ban, LC got this email:
LooseCannon, Can you help me? Last month I was banned from posting and sending personal messages into Maidenfans.com forum for violating its rules. Until now I cannot send all my messages. I am begging you. Can you make me available so that I can post anything again? About that trivia I will post my answer and let me post my question for other forum members to answer. I promise I won't do that mistake again. thousand_suns

LC wrote back to explain "your ban expires in 6 days", and got this response:
LooseCannon, So my ban expires in just 6 days? I thank you for explaining. And I even wonder when will I post any message again. I can't wait.

No, it's still not the end of it. Now LC loses it...
LooseCannon,
I heard that you will be recalling me into the
Maidenfans.com forum after a lengthy ban. You even
told me that my ban will end after 6 days. Well, I
think I have been banned for more than 6 days since
last month. Recall me so I can post messages
regardless of topic.
I can't wait.

I think I lost my temper:

Let me explain very clearly.

1) you were not banned for 6 days. You were banned for 2 weeks for violating our rules despite 2 warning PMs from moderators.
2) you communicated with me by email 4 days ago. At that point I informed you that you had 6 days remaining on your ban, not 6 days total.
3) In 48 hours, which is 4 PM Monday Zulu time, you will be able to post. In 48 hours. 2 days from when I send this email. Two rotations of the earth.
4) I will not be ending this ban. It will expire. I will not be notifying you when the ban expires, it's up to you to come back then and continue posting.
5) If your behaviour does not change, you will be banned again on the first infraction without any additional warnings.

Yours,
LC

After Slime returned and broke the rules, Perun banned him for good (earning a "Well done, Perun" from LC). This only concludes Part I. Banning t_s was only half the battle...

This is probably the only person banned without knowing what he did.
At least: the only one who did not call names, basically: he did not fight anyone. That still feels odd.

In our last episode, thousand_suns was finally banned for good on 18 Oct 2007.

Posted by SMX on November 2: "He's back again. This time as twisted_wings. Banning him again. *sigh*"

Posted by LC on November 3:
I have received two more emails from Captain Cockbite.

LooseCannon,
Can you do me a favour? Will you please 'install' my
old username including password back so that I can
post any message I want? Because of that old news
reposting accident I was banned permanently last month
and then I had to login under a new username and
password. About my new username I think I should
delete my profile under that, perhaps from now on.

LooseCannon,
Can you do me a favour? I would like to rejoin the
Maidenfans.com forum because my old username
thousand_suns is still existing and yesterday I had my
account under the new username spiral_path deleted
including posts.
I am begging you, LooseCannon. I do not want to login
under a new username and password again. All I want
you to do is to sign me up. I almost forgot the forum
rules before I was banned from posting messages.
Please.

Perun's reaction to all this on November 4: "What the fuck???"

LC, November 4: "The only reply I can think of is this: thousand_suns, you are banned from maidenfans.com. This means you are not welcome back, forever. If you return you will be removed again. Do not return. You are not welcome. Fuck off."

November 11, posted by Real World (owner of the site at the time):
He's still visiting ;)

60.53.207.64 Guest Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
thousand_suns
?showforum=4 Today at 04:59:59
thousand_suns
?showforum=4 Yesterday at 16:42:30
thousand_suns
?showforum=4 Yesterday at 02:37:56
thousand_suns
?showforum=4 Yesterday at 00:06:06

Perun, November 14: "I just checked his profile, and the guy has tried to log in every single day since he was banned. It's just amazing."

November 23: thousand_suns registers two more new accounts and starts posting with one of them. Perun writes up another email:
Hello thousand_suns,

I am writing this email on the behalf of the moderator squad from Maidenfans.com with the intention to spare you and ourselves any future effort. Please read this thoroughly and please do what it says.

As you know, you were banned from posting on Maidenfans.com. The ban was executed after lengthy discussion among the moderators, who are: LooseCannon, SinisterMinisterX and myself, Perun. Also participating in the discussion were Shadow and Real World, who is the administrator of the website, i.e. the one in charge and command here.
The moderators are the people who were assigned to enforce the forum rules, and act when somebody breaks them. That means, if a member of this board violates the forum rules, or if someone is acting as a nuisance to other members of the board, we jump in and warn and/or punish the offending member. In your case, many other members have complained about your behaviour, and you were also violating the forum rules. Therefore, after we warned you several times not to do that again, we decided to ban you. That means, we decided that you are no longer wanted or welcome to post on this board. To make it clear once and for all: Nobody wants you to post on Maidenfans.com. Nobody appreciates your posts, nobody wants to read them and nobody wants you to make them. I am sorry to be so blunt, but you do not seem to understand it. If you are banned, that does not mean you can just return posting with a different username. By doing so, and making no effort to conceal your true identity (which we would find out no matter what), we believe that you are either trying to annoy us or trying to take the piss at us, or that you are simply very, very stupid. So, in case you still don't understand it:

DO NOT REGISTER WITH OTHER USERNAMES. WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO POST HERE.

You should have found out by now that we will ban those other accounts of yours immediately when we see them. It baffles all of us why you still try to do it. Why are you keeping this up? Why, on earth?
And just so you know it: It is of no use trying to send an email or a private message to LooseCannon, SinisterMinisterX, Real World, Shadow, myself or anyone else asking to allow you to post here again. In your case, all the moderators agreed immediately to ban you (which is a rare case). I hope you have finally understood. If not, I will once more put it in very, very simple words:

STOP POSTING ON MAIDENFANS.COM

You would be saving us and yourself a lot of time, effort and frustration.

Regards,
Perun and the Maidenfans.com moderator team

As we were discussing the above before sending it, LC piped up with "Try this: LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!"

You can't blame Loosey for getting frustrated. In the very same post, he reported the latest email he'd received:
LooseCannon,
Do you remember me? You are the person along with Perun and SinisterMinisterX who banned me from logging in to the Maidenfans.com forum for disobeying its rules. I am currently using a temporary username. I haven't posted anything yet under this username and will you reinstate my old username thousand_suns into the forums so that I can post any message I want? It means that I can login under that name after I delete my new username. By the way, can you remove my own post under the name twisted_wings? I am begging you. Please.....

AND THEN

He reported two of his own posts as twisted_wings. Asking to have them removed.

My own proposal isn't suitable for human consumption. As I said at the time: "Since I have no more patience with this knuckle-dragging buttnugget, I am the voice of unvarnished vulgarity."

Finally, on November 24, the end:
Real World: "The IP 60.53.183.40 has now been banned at a server level. He will have no access to any page on maidenfans.com and will simply receive a white page with no text."
LC: "He has other IPs he's accessed too."
Real World: "Give me a list I'll ban em all :p"
LC: "124.82.82.169, 218.208.209.237, 218.208.210.116, 218.208.212.177, 218.208.214.186, 218.208.215.215, 218.208.243.27, 219.95.12.16, 219.95.232.1, 219.95.236.52, 219.95.27.71, 60.48.180.120, 60.48.180.170, 60.48.180.193, 60.48.180.48, 60.53.177.123, 60.53.177.22, 60.53.177.5, 60.53.178.177, 60.53.179.154, 60.53.179.45, 60.53.180.132, 60.53.180.44, 60.53.181.183, 60.53.182.102, 60.53.183.21, 60.53.183.64, 60.53.184.217, 60.53.185.192, 60.53.185.245, 60.53.185.42, 60.53.185.53, 60.53.185.69, 60.53.186.163, 60.53.186.19, 60.53.186.192, 60.53.186.95, 60.53.187.92, 60.53.188.216, 60.53.189.251, 60.53.190.240, 60.53.193.117, 60.53.193.14, 60.53.194.153, 60.53.194.182, 60.53.194.229, 60.53.194.27, 60.53.194.59, 60.53.194.76, 60.53.195.102, 60.53.196.144, 60.53.196.70, 60.53.197.179, 60.53.198.210, 60.53.198.33, 60.53.199.182, 60.53.199.45, 60.53.200.185, 60.53.200.88, 60.53.202.220, 60.53.205.64, 60.53.206.70, 60.53.207.153, 60.53.207.64, 60.54.81.214."

I think in the end RW wound up banning all of Malaysia just to be safe.

Change your personal title to "what is real? futureal" and you'll be even more believable. :D

You've got a good memory!

ts01.png

Ah, the negative user rating from the old forum. Probably good that's gone. But I chuckled when I saw that he got an average of nearly 4 net "dislikes" for EVERY SINGLE POST he made.

Foro, if you are going to paint us as the harassers, then I am going to be very displeased.

The view of moderator action presented above is abbreviated for brevity and humor. What Foro isn't seeing is the other half of the posts, where we took great care to be as polite as possible. Every rude statement quoted above got edited before being sent along.

Edit: there's a "Forostar thread" in the mod forum as well. If Foro thinks this is bad, he should see his thread. :innocent:

Back