Thoughts on B L A Z E

Just a thought, I wonder if during the tour for the history DVD that has Blaze, if he will be invited to do a few of his songs?

Perun said:
Was Paul invited during the last history tour?

I remember reading an interview with Paul recently. After the usual talking shit about Maiden, he informed the reporter that he was invited to go on stage with Maiden at the Early Days Tour, but that he turned them down. He said he will only go on stage with Maiden if he gets...Well I don't remember exactly but it was a lot of millions of dollars, which he would share between his family and charity.

I'm sorry, but I can't link since I don't remember where I read it. 

*cough* *cough* It was a rethorical question *cough* *cough*

Heh, I feel quite stupid re-opening the topic but I cannot help myself :) Recently, I entered a local music store looking for anything from BLAZE filled with pessimistic feelings. And there it was, double pack containing Silicon Messiah and The Tenth Dimension. I was not sure with the second as I remembered only the Messiah being told to be good. Well, I bought it and wow, ended listening the albums all the time since friday :) I have never expected that these two are that good! Blaze's voice really sounds great when singing tracks written for his voice. And the band sounds quite good. Sometimes close to Maiden, other times more like Metallica. And I like concept albums.

The Tenth Dimension is impressive, the theme (I like science-fiction stories), the music ranging from fast rockers to soft and moody ballads - yeah. It may not be the heviest metal of all time (it is not, in fact) but I don't care. I think there are no fillers (oh, maybe one, two). I definitely love the trio Leap of Faith/The Truth Revealed/Meant to Be.

Silicon Messiah works well too. Highlights in Stare at the Sun and the title track Silicon Messiah with great companions (Ghost in the Machine, The Launch). Surely, Blaze bashers should go and listen to these songs, seting the hatred aside for a while.

Definitely well spended money.

But - heh, Forostar's comment makes me afraid to buy more. I thing I will try As Live As It Gets, but I'm a bit afraid of Blood and Belief, I will not risk it probably :) You know, I do not like downloading music from the Internet, it is like stealing to me and I do not want to be a thief. I usually try to read as much as I can, but sometime reviews may be wrong and, heh, I have a bit strange musical taste :)

Well I've listened to a few of the clips, and I really like what I hear (though of course, I loved his stuff with Iron Maiden anyway).

Sadly I'll probably never find it in stores here in the States but oh well, I geuss that's why they invented the Internet... :)

One thing that struck me : Blaze says he wants to open for Slipknot?!  :blink:

I think BLAZE should open for Iron Maiden, but... ;)

Belenor said:
But - heh, Forostar's comment makes me afraid to buy more. I thing I will try As Live As It Gets, but I'm a bit afraid of Blood and Belief, I will not risk it probably :) You know, I do not like downloading music from the Internet, it is like stealing to me and I do not want to be a thief. I usually try to read as much as I can, but sometime reviews may be wrong and, heh, I have a bit strange musical taste :)
Personally, I rate Blood & Belief as a very good album - but it's just my opinion. What's more, there is not really any harm is trying an album from download resources before you buy it, after all how else can most get to hear it in the first place?

Back