This frustrates me more than it probably should.....

Youtube has been trying to thwart these types of services for years. Any service which guarantees they can download from Youtube is writing a check they can't cash.

Having said that: try from a youtube.com address instead of youtu.be. I haven't used these kind of things in years, but I remember them being sensitive to such address-shorteners.

Youtube has been trying to thwart these types of services for years. Any service which guarantees they can download from Youtube is writing a check they can't cash.

Having said that: try from a youtube.com address instead of youtu.be. I haven't used these kind of things in years, but I remember them being sensitive to such address-shorteners.
Thanks for the tip. Yeah the reason I was trying to download it was because youtube was playing ads every 2 minutes during the documentary and it was becoming intolerable.

The problem is also that some videos on YouTube got a protection from downloading them. That's the case with most of the videos from Vevo streamed on YouTube or some others that aren't on Vevo but have been configured to get a protection.

Back