1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Night Prowler, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Magnus

Magnus Educated Fool

2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Gave it up back in November 1980. Look it up.

3. Magnus

Magnus Educated Fool

His left nut was called Urchin?

4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

No, he gave it up & joined Maiden.

5. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Everyone else in Iron Maiden is a huge showman (except maybe Davey, who is just happy to be there). Adrian is a musician first, a songwriter second, and a performer last. I'm sure he loves performing music, but he's definitely never going to be into the show aspect of the show.

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

To be honest, I like that Dave and Adrian don't do it because for me that's part of what sets Maiden apart from most metal bands.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Moonchild and MrKnickerbocker like this.
  7. Magnus

Magnus Educated Fool

And then joined again in 1999. Oh dear. :eek:

8. Moonchild

Moonchild Educated Fool

Yes! Me too.
    They are unique in every way!

9. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Now you know why he's so grumpy looking!

Nae baws.

10. JudasMyGuide

JudasMyGuide Domini canis

Oh no, he definitely looks like he's having a ball here

[​IMG]

#dicksoutforharambe #ballsoutforh

Magnus and runsilentrundeep like this.
  11. Magnus

Magnus Educated Fool

Davey looks surprised

12. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Personally, Smith has the best stage presence of all three. He's 105% into the sound coming out from his instrument and doesn't give a fuck about anything else. He is also the best rhythm guitarist in Maiden (even more so after the return), and playing precise metal rhythm guitar isn't compatible with jumping around.

13. harrisdevot

harrisdevot Ancient Mariner

I think he gave both.

14. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Agreed. When I was getting into Maiden, I was also getting into playing music and it was always Adrian's behaviour on stage that I tried to copy.

15. Magnus

Magnus Educated Fool

Pas devant les enfants, @harrisdevot

16. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

But his live sound has come in for quite a bit of criticism. Is his tone, for example, that superior to Dave & Janick's? I'd say no.
    Looking all stiff & uncomfortable?

Bassman61, Mosh, soundwave and 2 others like this.
  17. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

Adrian's inventory of stage moves has actually increased since the 80s. He does the occasional bunny hop, the side to side sway, and his "guitar solo orgasm" face has gotten more pronounced

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Bassman61 likes this.
  18. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

His live sound has been criticized because he actually changes his setup and goes for different things. Dave and Janick play same gear with same style with same sound for ages.

19. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Afaik the only thing that Dave has changed in the last 17 years gear-wise live is the JFX's with G Forces, added a Tube Screamer and Uni-Vibe (the Fulltone DejaVibe) and switched from the EL-34 power amps to JCM 2000's as power amps (basicly the same thing).

Janick has gone through more guitar techs that gear changes. :D

20. Both have to do with Bruce's voice.

1. The fact that some songs are written in a key that is clearly too high for Bruce nowadays. Like TRATB. Great song but needs to be taken down a tone. Plus, why the heck did they put Aces High in the ME encore?!!!! It did his voice no favours on that tour. Listen to 2014 for example

2. More Blaze and Dianno songs in the setlist would give him a break night after night. Songs like Remember Tomorrow and Futureal would allow him to sing in a lower register and save his voice.

I love Bruce and I think he still sounds incredible on most songs night after night but they need to be smarter with their song choices to give him a break!

Diesel 11 and Bombusbombus like this.