The Ultimate Overplayed Iron Maiden Songs List

I especially do not like the debut album songs in the encore, let alone closing out. Anticlimactic in my ears.
Silver lining; running free granted us a head start to the uber line and ahead of the traffic in the past ... if we never get any songs from the first album again, that is fine with me.
On the other hand, RTTH & TNOTB / trooper are almost the Tom Sawyer and 2112-temples of Syrinx of the set. Without them I kinda leave thinking there is unfinished business. 6 weeks and counting to So California and Las Vegas!! :clap:

Always thought 'Killers' would be a great replacement for 'Iron Maiden ' at that spot in the set. All the Eddie shenanigans set to Killers would be a wild ride. A B-12 shot of metal bedlam heading into the encore...

Last edited:
IRON MAIDEN
Run to The Hills

The Number of the Beast

I'd be absolutely fine with never hearing any of these again live. Surely they can find another song to have Janick fight with Eddie.

I'd rather have Run to the Hills or The Number of the Beast on every setlist than Fear of the Dark or The Trooper...

Can I play With Madness. Always glad if they skip this song.

The other two choices I do like to hear/see but if they would pick other songs I would not start crying.

The Evil that Men Do

2 Minutes to Midnight

I wouldn't, Fear of the Dark is always epic regardless of being overplayed and the energy of The Trooper will never grow old.

I could argue that Run to the Hills is the perfect sing-along song with an uplifting chorus (to me the perfect show closer, as exemplified on the GMETID and DOD tours) and The Number of the Beast is an all time menacing classic. :D

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

So in the 3rd place we have a 3-way tie between:
Fear Of The Dark, Wrathchild and Iron Maiden

In the 2nd place we have:
The Number Of The Beast

And the most overplayed song during the reunion era according to Maidenfans.com (in 2017) is:
Run To The Hills

Thanks for voting. There will be another similar thread with a poll added. See you there.

For me, The Number Of The Beast. And Wrathchild, even though it goes over great live.

Without question, The Trooper and Fear of The Dark. So many songs they have hardly every played like Stranger, Flight of Icarus, The Prisoner, Acacia Avenue. Where Eagles Dare that could be played instead.

Back