The songwriters behind the first three Iron Maiden albums

Im interested on Strattons input. Stratton is always talking like he brought guitar harmonies to Maiden but to me its very clear they were already there before he came in. Cant think of a song on the debut album that he could have altered . Maybe theres something on Killers
Let's say he refined the guitar harmonies. Yes, he does play what other guitarists such as Paul Cairns and Tony Parsons had already brought into those songs, but all in all, it was Stratton who finally shaped those harmonies into the songs. He also did tought Murray and Harris a thing or two musical wise, let's say, widened their vision.

It's funny though, seeing how you are in darker /heavier segments of Metal and your relative disregard for post 7th Son Maiden, I didn't think you were so knowledgeable about 'em!

@Magnus
Nah I just happened to be reading the Maiden77 fb page when it was still around. The info I posted above is ultimately based on it. @Luisma 's on the other hand is first-hand, and newer.
Being interested in the early Maiden history when they were underground and trve makes a lot of sense if you're into black metal, doesn't it ;)

Back