1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The real problem with Virtual

Discussion in 'Virtual XI' started by MigDaimon, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Kauha-Apina

Kauha-Apina Invader

I'll tell you the real problems with Virtual:

1. People are so prejudiced about Blaze. He has much more deeper and monotone voice than Bruce and all. "Oh it's a Blaze-album, so it sucks"
    2. Many people don't have even listened to the album completely. They just listen one song and then say "it sucks"
    3. People don't listen this album as a whole. All the songs may not be so great, but the totality of the album is the thing that matters.
    4. The album cover is very very ugly.

I don't really think that Virtual XI is a bad album. It may not be the greatest product of Maiden, but I still think that this is not the worst Maiden-album. FOTD is much worse, but it's overrated because it has a great title track.
    Blaze fucking rules, and Virtual XI is not the worst album. X Factor is awesome too.

2. MaidenCanada

MaidenCanada Trooper

I agree with this.

3. averycopeland

averycopeland Invader

Oddly enough, I dislike this album for almost all opposite reasons.

1. I enjoyed Blaze's style in the darker, depressing tone of X-Factor. On this material though, he & the band come across as pedestrian at best.
    2/3. The album as a whole becomes tedious with its many repetitive vocal lines... and much of the music seeming like it is in the same key.
    (Nevermind the sense that most of the lead riffs sound very similar to those used in previous albums with better energy/execution)
    4. I have the CD with the very cool hologram sleeve... which, unfortunately, I enjoy more than the CD itself.

Granted, I feel like this overall album is closer to being a product of its time (90s Post-Grunge/Hard Rock era)
    than its namesake would imply (Melodic Metal) ...
    and I am not a fan of that style in general so I'm probably not the best person to judge this collection of songs.

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I like the songs individually, like Clansman, WTWC, Educated Fool, to name just 3. The only one I truly don't like is Don't Look To...

But as an album, meh. It feels like a compilation album to me.

5. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

This.

I like The Clansman, Como Estais Amigos, When Two Worlds Collide and Lightning Strikes Twice from the album. I find Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger listenable, I don't really care about Futureal and The Educated Fool and I despise The Angel and the Gambler.

No great songs there on the album, though. It's hell not the worst Maiden album, that title goes to Fear of the Fillers.

6. Crimson Idol

Crimson Idol Caveman

Fugitive is one of maidens most complex song's FYI, no way is it filler! >.>

Also, Virtual > XFactor for me.. I'm an anomaly.

7. Mosh

Me too.

8. Mosh

Me too.

9. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Me too.

Oh wait, no :p