1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Random Song Review Thread

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Forostar, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Listening to Baroness - Purple for the first time right now. Really catchy songs!

Cornfed Hick likes this.
  2. SixesAlltheway

Voivod is out with a new EP, which totally rips. Sounds like classic era Voivod with a few new twists. Would be a good place for new listeners to jump on and get to know them!

JudasMyGuide likes this.
  3. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Electric Eye

The mastering is a trainwreck, but the songs are awesome.

4. SixesAlltheway

I'm really digging this rock band at the moment. Catchy riffs, great vocals!

5. Cosmiceddie

Cosmiceddie Back From The Edge

I'm sorry, yet I couldn't resist:

6. Perun

Perun At the Heart of Winter Staff Member

Honestly: How can this be described as anything other than awesome?

7. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I heard this on the radio today and thought it was OK hard rock:

DJMayes likes this.
  8. Cornfed Hick

I was reminded of the band Shooting Star today. I remember this band from when I was a kid, they were from Kansas City and so got a lot of airplay on local AOR stations. I saw them in concert, I think they opened for Heart in KC, but not certain. Guitar-based hard rock with violin and organ -- you'll notice a similarity in sound to some Kansas songs, must be something in the local water supply I guess. This is a very solid track, IMO.

TheProdigalSon likes this.
  9. Cornfed Hick

And more Shooting Star, just for good measure.

10. harrisdevot

harrisdevot Ancient Mariner

I like it a lot. I didn't know the band. Thanks for posting. A singer who can actually sing...

11. TheProdigalSon

TheProdigalSon Trooper

Very promising! Will definitively check this out, Thanks!

Cornfed Hick likes this.
  12. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

Apparently part of a soundtrack for an upcoming video game. Decent song by Crazy Lixx, to be featured on an upcoming album. Considering they lost both guitarplayers since their last record, this is promising and doesn't seem to imply much of a change - if any.

13. TheProdigalSon

TheProdigalSon Trooper

14. TheProdigalSon

TheProdigalSon Trooper

15. Cornfed Hick

Diggin' the tracks from The Game. What a great album. Save Me is one of Queen's best tracks.

16. Perun

I'm not sure how to feel about this: A grindcore project by a guy and his six year old daughter.

It's funny and cute until you learn that the guy hanged himself shortly after and the girl will probably never lead a normal life.

17. Perun

If you ever asked yourself how awesome Japanese metal from 1979 is, the answer is, it's very awesome.