1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Problem with the X-Factor?

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Eric Wright, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

I know I'm late to this comment, but the live version of Lord of the Flies with Bruce is actually lower than the original by a full step. Blaze sings it in F# minor whereas Bruce did it in E minor. I believe Bruce would have fared quite a bit better in the verses and lower octave chorus than he did if sung in original key, but he goes up high in the pre choruses and final choruses, which he would probably not be able to do comfortably at a full step higher. Give and take, I believe the version we got was the best one possible.

Blaze on the other hand - I believe he sung many of the songs on The X Factor in too low keys. Lord of the Flies, Fortunes of War and Judgement of Heaven are examples of songs where he's uncomfortable on low notes. Knowing his range, he's easily capable of singing at least G4's comfortably. When the highest note in a powerful chorus in E4, he's got a minor third going unused. You can't make that mistake writing for a singer with limited range. He needs to be up there to sound energetic.

He's a lot better nowadays with that, and his solo career has truly seen him singing songs sounding the best. Bar The King of Metal, all the albums he's sung on has been much better vocally than anything with Maiden.

frus likes this.