The Official Maidenfans.com Rankings results (2004-2016)

I don't understand. What exactly is this list based on?
Basically I went all over the internet and took songs off of other lists, whether it be Loudwire, UCR, WM, a list on a blog, Maiden lists on YT, etc., and then tallied them together and made one list.

And how did you calculate the score the list is based on?
Basically I took all of the songs and the one that was on the most lists (Hallowed) won out (it was on a total of 35). Then for times when the number of placements on lists wouldn't work, as, say, five songs were on 24 lists, I would calculate where the individual songs placed by averaging up there placements. Let's say that The Apparition was on five lists, and Lord of the Flies was also on five lists. The Apparition placed 45, 6, 23, 32, and 6 on each list it was on. Lord of the Flies place 2, 17, 19, 20 and 6 on each list it was on. (These numbers are made up BTW.) I averaged up the numbers and whichever got the lower number would get a higher place on the list. Tallying up the numbers I just made up there, The Apparition would get an average of 22.4 and Lord of the Flies would have 12.8. Lord of the Flies would win. And so on.

Hi everyone,

I will be collating the data from our polls over the Christmas weekend this year. I encourage everyone to Have a Very Maiden Christmas Season, listen to the albums, and update your rankings.

For those who have never ranked songs here, please feel free to do so. I only ask two things:
1. Don't protest vote. Even if you think a song is over-rated, please do not toss it a super-low score just because you want to see that song's average come down.
2. Keep your rankings consistent. 10s are the timeless classics, the greatest songs, the apex of the experience. 1s are your least favourite song and equivalent.

Feel free to leave a note explaining your choice, or talking about the songs in general!

From the main page of the forum you go to "Song and Album Commentaries" subforum, there you'll pick the album, then you'll pick the thread of the song. Within that thread there is a possibility to vote (award the song 1-10 points) and you can also leave there a post with your commentary on the song.

I feel like we should make a list or something of the Maiden songs we listen to most over the holidays.

From the main page of the forum you go to "Song and Album Commentaries" subforum, there you'll pick the album, then you'll pick the thread of the song. Within that thread there is a possibility to vote (award the song 1-10 points) and you can also leave there a post with your commentary on the song.
Thanks!

What's this? Bumping a 4 year old thread?

I've just finished grabbing the last set of numbers from the Commentary forum for the TBOS era. Those threads are locking. After Senjutsu releases I will reopen the threads and encourage everyone here to go vote. Probably around Sept 15 or so.

I will likely try to find the time to post some analysis, but here's a few interesting pieces:

Bottom 10 Iron Maiden songs in 2021:
Quest for Fire
Fear is the Key
Gangland
Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
Chains of Misery
Hooks in You
The Assassin
The Angel and the Gambler
Weekend Warrior
The Apparition

Top 10 Iron Maiden songs in 2021: