1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I play a bit of guitar and the standard of musicianship of all the tracks Bruce wrote alone are very similar. I know they all sound great but they really aren't very complex or beyond what a very rudimentary guitar player would be able to produce so I'm not sure why there's such disbelief.

Even intricate melody lines can be hummed if they are beyond Bruces ability as a guitar player.

2. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

The four songs Bruce co-wrote, I mean made a moral contribution, were Children of the Damned, The Prisoner, Run to the Hills, and Gangland.

srfc likes this.
  3. GhostofCain

Agreed. Back in the early noughties, when Bruce was doing the Freak Zone for BBC 6 Music, he interviewed a DJ (whose name I have since forgotten) who chose some songs to play. One of them was Flash of the Blade and the DJ mentioned that he loved it when he was a kid and was fascinated by the intro riff, to which Bruce humorously replied that it was "the most complicated thing he could play with his limited guitar playing abilities". :lol:

4. johnburrows

johnburrows Prowler

5. GhostofCain

Thanks, good review and great pictures. I disagree regarding Powerslave - that is one monster of a song and I did not feel it had a negative impact on the flow last year (I still have to see this year's tour).

Would this review be on a printed magazine too? Cheers!

6. johnburrows

johnburrows Prowler

I don't disagree at all, I absolutely love Powerslave but I'm not so sure it has a place in the same set as TRATB. Personally, and controversially, I don't think TRATB should be in the set. The crowd really weren't feeling it in Newcastle, a lot of people went to grab beers and merch towards the end as well.

I'm really not sure about whether it will make the mag as we're only quarterly at the minute and the latest issue has only just hit the shelves. I don't think the editor will want to run anything that's 3 months old at the time of next issue, but I will of course fight our corner for it to be there :D

bornless1 likes this.
  7. GhostofCain

Regarding TRATB, although it is a good song, I feel they could have replaced it with 2/3 shorter tunes. Something off AMOLAD (These Colours Don't Run?), something off DoD (Rainmaker?), and an oldie not played by the current line-up (Flight of Icarus?) would have been nice, but there was no way they were not going to play the only song off The Book of Souls penned by Harris alone...

You can tell him that I will certainly be buying the issue!

bornless1 likes this.
  8. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

johnburrows likes this.
  9. johnburrows

johnburrows Prowler

My thoughts exactly !

And I'll pass the message on, kind words thanks :)

10. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

That's what I thought. Perhaps even with the best intentions, as an homage.

11. Collin

Collin Jambi

FTTB is open for US dates!! Just so everyone knows.

12. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

Thanks for the heads up!

Collin likes this.
  13. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

[​IMG]

It seems that either Janick or most likely Dave has ditched the JMP-1 and is using JVM's like Adrian.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  14. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Also Dave's new white strat was a gift from Fender for his 60th birthday, and has his birthdate engraved into the neck plate.
    [​IMG]

15. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Just 1 month to go!

terrell39 likes this.
  16. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Having just saw Maiden 2 nights in a row I can confirm that all reports of Dickinsons demise are greatly exaggerated. Cant believe that anybody thought otherwise...

17. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

He's warmed up properly now, hasn't he. I thought he was far better on TBOS this year than last, he was belting it out.

18. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

Bruce was sounding pretty damn good in Glasgow. I mentioned this in my "review" too, but they really are all looking like they've been looking after themselves. Adrian & Dave have really slimmed down quite a bit since TFF tour. I'm really hopeful about how many years they have left in them.

Hermod likes this.
  19. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Met a crowd of Finnish people last night in Aberdeen. Hardcore motherfuckers, they were followin Maiden on tour. One guy said he had seen them 142 times. Count that. 142. I had no reason to doubt him. Met them again during the encore, then some Brazillians turned up, we sang Blood Brothers with the Finnins and Brazilian flags held aloft. Brilliant moment, wonderful band, wonderful people. Up the Irons!!

20. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

We met some guys in Vegas who were in the 150+ range. Pretty legit hardcore! I don't know if I could do that. I love Iron Maiden, I really and truly do - but I love lots of other things.

terrell39 likes this.