The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Beer advert:

Oh, hey, cool. Janick and Adrian are doubling up the solo again, which is way better than just Janick doing it. It just doesn't sound right. Also Nicko has finally, finally, after who knows how many years started playing the last verse on the ride again. Good, because the hi-hat version sounds way worse.

So yeah, that's basically all my hopes and dreams fulfilled in just one song!

On TRATB: Bruce started singing too late with a certain part*. When he started, he didn't skip some lines to catch up. Instead he started his parts (lines) from the beginning. But the band adapted brilliantly, waiting til he finished the verse and thereby extending the song a little bit. ;)

*This part I think:
Meanwhile we play the waiting game
The clock is struck the horse is lame

Bloody great drumming ain't it @Lego ?

Listen to those snare rolls in the fast part. And nice groove in verses and cool breaks in the choruses.

Bloody great drumming ain't it @Lego ?

Listen to those snare rolls in the fast part. And nice groove in verses and cool breaks in the choruses.
He's definitely been practicing- every clip so far the drumming has been totally on point. And more energetic than last year by a mile!

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
Wrathchild
Children of the Damned
Death or Glory
The Red and the Black
The Trooper
Powerslave
The Great Unknown
The Book of Souls
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Blood Brothers
Wasted Years

Reactions: Gk1
Would that be the first case of them adding a new album song for the second leg of the tour? Can't think of any situation like this... (TFF excluded, obviosly.)
I found an exception: Out of the Silent Planet.
Played only 4 times: 2 times in London, Shepherd’s Bush Empire, once in Mexico and once in Argentina. Dates: 6, 7, 9 and 13 January 2001.

Didn't they also play The Fallen Angel during a few of those final Brave New World dates in 2001? At least in Argentina I think, as I remember watching the video.

Didn't they also play The Fallen Angel during a few of those final Brave New World dates in 2001? At least in Argentina I think, as I remember watching the video.
Yes, but the year prior they were alternating Fallen and Mercenary every night for the first batch of shows

my take....

I am stoked to see The Great Unknown added and Tears of a Clown dropped.. I'm sad that Man of Sorrows didn't make it. They dropped Hallowed but kept other "classics" they could've dropped instead? :nuts2: I was hoping to see Children and Blood Brothers dropped... Again, my hopes of another Somewhere in Time track making it have failed. :facepalm: However, if they dropped Hallowed due to vocal issues, I can understand why they avoid SIT songs like the plague... and Seventh Son tracks too! :eek:

as stated by many numerous pages ago, the obvious Wrathchild returned... :whogivesafuck:

Hopefully on the second US leg this summer they replace The Great Unknown with Shadows of the Valley or When the River Runs Deep. Not a big fan of TGU.

Having seen maiden 5 times and not hearing Wrathchild, im excited I'll finally get to hear it. And I'm so happy I'll get to hear TGU. Never thought I'd see the day!

my take....

I am stoked to see The Great Unknown added and Tears of a Clown dropped.. I'm sad that Man of Sorrows didn't make it. They dropped Hallowed but kept other "classics" they could've dropped instead? :nuts2: I was hoping to see Children and Blood Brothers dropped... Again, my hopes of another Somewhere in Time track making it have failed. :facepalm: However, if they dropped Hallowed due to vocal issues, I can understand why they avoid SIT songs like the plague... and Seventh Son tracks too! :eek:
But they do other songs that challenge Bruce vocally so that reasoning doesn't make sense. TOAC isn't very challenging, but HBTN is. And now the same goes for Wrathchild which isn't very challenging, but TGU is. So, they traded 1 weak song and 1 strong song for 2 others that are vocally similar.

Love The Great Unknown, always glad to see them add something new to the setlist.
Little disappointed there aren't a few more changes, but I'm unlikely to see the tour anyway, so, :hello:

TGU was a great add to the show, but hallowed out not so much, hope they play the album entirely changing one song per show... And a new dvd, this show is epic, reminds me of Death on the road(Blu ray please, my maiden england dvd sucks on a 4K tv)

Back