The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Wow, that SotV design is amazing. I could see it as a random addition to the merch, though. Looks like another work by Dan Mumford, so maybe he did it as a fanart and they just used it.

By the way, this guy should do the next album cover...

A bit strained, but not worse than he
e: Looks like the big Eddie head on the round thingy in the lighting rig's been replaced by some thematic art. A welcome change, tbh. Always thought it looked a bit weird.
The Eddie head is only during Blood Brothers and Wasted Years. Was like that for the entire tour last year I think.

Not too bad. Hallowed is one of my favorites, but if it's for the reason that Bruce struggles singing it, I understand why it was removed.

Wrathchild is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Only seen it live once, in 2010.

Again, would have rather had Man of Sorrows or Shadows of the Valley over The Great Unknown, but will still be excited to see the new song live.

June and July can't get here fast enough. Three Maiden concerts and a Metallica concert all in the span of one month. I may not be able to hear anything afterwards, but it will be so worth it.

My guess now is that Wrathchild replaced Hallowed :D
Well guessed! When Wrathchild came on, I thought "what the hell"!

The Great Unknown was fantastic I thought. What a moment. In the back of my head I thought we'd have at least one new song, but when it came on, it was sudden. I loved the in- and outro especially. To my surprise Janick did the picking thing at the end of each part (definitely the end at least; I couldn't hear the part well in the intro; maybe it was played differently). I always felt it sounded like H did it in the studio. Funny was how Bruce "annoyed" (distracted!) H and Dave during their solos. Very nice when the song is played for the first time. :p

All in all a special gig. The first gig where the three amigos were all 60 years old. The first gig with The Great Unknown and indeed, this is rare:
live debut on a second leg
Nope, here's the reverse...
View attachment 5832
It's the "songs we forgot to include on the setlist" shirt!
I bought it and I still kinda hoped they would play it. This was the first shirt I bought on a Maiden concert since the nineties. I always felt that the prices were ridiculously high but I couldn't resist that back cover.

Powerslave was really very nice. Dave blew me away again with his magnificent solo. Janick and Bruce were very fit. Especially Bruce ran hard, maybe even harder than in the last ten years or so. He wasn't making it easy for himself, standing with two legs on the monitors during not very easy parts.

Last edited:
Back