The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Also the font wouldn't be fancy like that one, it'd be a bolded and simple one that's easy to read in varied lighting.

I'm not entirely convinced by the enhanced rehearsal room one. The only copies I've seen of the full picture online looked pretty low resolution. You can't even tell there's any writing on the page.

At least we don't have to wait long to find out the truth. :p Actually, I tuned out of the tour news a long time ago, because I'm not seeing them, so yesterday I was surprised the tour starts today. I thought it's like two weeks away!

Probably not a reference to the new setlist or anything but Iron Maiden just tweeted out a hype tweet for their new tour and referenced Holy Smoke. If they do actually end up playing the thing then I'm gonna eat my hat. With or without salt.

Plot twist- they are selling a baseball shirt with the Tears of a Clown artwork on the back (far left):

4d9Aw73.jpg

And I believe a 2MTM last year as well. Shirts are pretty useless tells, though I guess they kinda hinted at Powerslave last year. But then again in retrospect it was such an obvious choice for the stage setup that it wasn't much of a surprise (well besides the confusion on it being called The Wicker Man in the Chinese setlist).

True, true- just saying it's a possibility still.

TBH, I have a hunch that the TOAC artwork was originally meant for Red and the Black- the gambling/card playing theme fits with the lyrics of the latter more than the former. Who knows.

According to an IMFC member at the show, the shirt second from the right on the rear wall (with the green HBTN art on the back) - has TBOS Eddie art on the front with "Shadows of the Valley" at the bottom... still waiting on close up pics.

Would that be the first case of them adding a new album song for the second leg of the tour? Can't think of any situation like this... (TFF excluded, obviosly.)

Plot twist- they are selling a baseball shirt with the Tears of a Clown artwork on the back (far left):

4d9Aw73.jpg
Very curious about the shirt that's right to TBOS album cover shirt. The ones that's kind of orange with the green back. Can't see it very well.

Very curious about the shirt that's right to TBOS album cover shirt. The ones that's kind of orange with the green back. Can't see it very well.
That's the one with HBTN art on the back and (supposedly) new Shadows of the Valley art on the front.

Would that be the first case of them adding a new album song for the second leg of the tour? Can't think of any situation like this... (TFF excluded, obviosly.)
I think the only other case of this would be the four times they added Out of the Silent Planet to the set in 2001. Either way, if they add TGU or SOTV to the regular set it'll be pretty close to a career first for them!

That second from right looks a bit like rainmaker? Damn blurrry but if not rainmaker I'm not familiar....

That's the artwork on the rear- but it's the greenish version:
hallowed_mumford.jpg

I have yet to see a close up of the front, but again according to an IMFC member it's BOS Eddie/Shadows of the Valley themed. We'll see...
This is the front.
tbos powerslave.jpg

Back