1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. TheTalisman

TheTalisman F├ągel

The Fallen Angel with The Mercenary on the European part of the tour, around june 2000, before they went with The Mercenary in each set.

At the end of the tour, in january, Out of the Silent Planet and The Fallen Angel were inserted into the set. For the last show of the tour, Rock in Rio, both songs were withdrawn and Run to the Hills was included instead.

2. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon My Maiden show was a SUPER EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE!

Oh, that's right. I'm so used to the main setlist that was played on the North American tour.

3. Dagonal

Dagonal Prowler

ENHANCE

Definitely looks like COTD and TGU

Attached Files:

4. Collin

Collin Jambi

Looked at that on my phone with the brightness all the way up. I was wrong, that's definitely COTD and not Killers. And that looks like TGU for sure. I think we have our set!

5. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

I was kind of hoping more than one song would be different from last year, but I'll take it. Great Unknown over Tears is definitely an improvement in my book.

Hermod likes this.
  6. Markus Bunders

Markus Bunders Prowler

Not sure if this is the right thread but any pre- or afterparties planned in Frankfurt (28th and 29th) and/or Hamburg (2th)? I am doing those three shows and would be nice to have some Iron Maiden life outside the gig too.

7. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I'm very happy if that's genuine and says Great Unknown. First word does look like 'great'.

8. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Ugh, Great Unknown. Boring! Beer song.

9. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I hope this is true, just so I can hear Adrian play that awesome texture riff. TGU is a fantastic example of Maiden putting their three guitars to good use.

Zare, bornless1, Collin and 1 other person like this.
  10. Brigantium

Meanwhile in Antwerp...
    [​IMG]

Hermod, Lego and Lampwick 43 like this.
  11. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

If they play The Great Unknown I'll be a very happy man. I think it's Tears of a Clown though, it slowed down the set too much between COTD and TRATB so they switched it with DOG. Or could it be Revelations?

Edit: Looks like at least two words, so probably not Revelations.

12. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Imagine them doing The Great Unknown and the swapping it with Wrathchild after one gig.

Ruflux and Collin like this.
  13. Brigantium

I don't want to imagine that at all. <_<

14. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

No.

15. Collin

Collin Jambi

Someone better be there to get a recording of it. They're gonna pull a Texas 2010 on us and drop it for Wrathchild.

16. Ruflux

Ruflux Nomad

Is it bad that I kinda want this to happen just for the reactions?

17. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

I'd just rather listen to Wrathchild, I think.

18. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

I don't like The Great Unknown. At all.

LooseCannon likes this.
  19. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

I don't see how The Great Unknown would be a better live song than say Tears of a Clown. It's a bit stop/start and has the potential to trainwreck if they don't lock in correct time. TOAC is way more straightforward.

That being said, I think TGU is a better song than TOAC and I'm interested how it might work live.

I still don't think they change a thing on the set list though. Except maybe add Wrathchild of course.

20. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

After a good couple of minutes of staring at that list, I think I finally noticed which words you're talking about... :p Between Powerslave and Book of Souls, right? Indeed, looks like Great Unknown. That's an amazing and surprising addition to the setlist if that's true. TGU is probably my third favourite song on the album. Sooooo much better than Tears of a Clown.

TheTalisman likes this.