The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Style and tone of playing. I watched some of the videos of the new band, and while it's still pretty damned good... the solos didn't sound quite right. They'll get it dialed in. It is a shame that Alpha and Omega are gone, though.

I was pleasantly surprised by them. I fully expected them to be a gimmick purely based on costumes and grand entrance, but I quite enjoyed them live. I've never been too keen on their studio stuff, but don't mind them live at all. That said, they're getting panned at the moment for the quality of the new members' playing.

Same here with me and my dad. They came here when they opened for Mastodon and we check out their songs and were bored by them, but they completely blew us away live.

Regarding Ghost: They definitely got a woman bass player. Also, there is this video of a guy who claims used to be Omega (nameless ghoul) and he is talking about leaving ghost.

So at least two band members are new.

The woman bass player is gone now. She was/is again(?) the bass player for Lez Zeppelin. The new bass player is rumored to be one of Papa's band-mates from his previous band, as are perhaps a couple of the other ghouls. Both Omega and Alpha are also missing from this current live line-up. The new keyboard player is getting torn apart by fan reviews, but the majority of feedback of the shows has been positive on the Ghost boards. The suspicion of some (and I'm part of this group) is that the full-time guys wanted a break to make their own records and do quick tours themselves before the next Ghost record is released and that whole cycle starts over again. The others have their fingers in other projects, whereas Papa only has Ghost. The theatrical play here is, when it's time for a new Papa with the next record, the old ghouls will return.
It's also worth noting, too, that the studio Ghost is not the live Ghost.
Fun stuff.

Well it seems that M. Persner (Omega) had a falling out of some kind and is now reforming Magna Carta Cartel. Simon Sodberg (who was allegedly Alpha) is also a part of that band. It seems that they had a falling out with either their managment or the boss of ghost (who is allegedly one of the Ghouls). The most interesting thing to see will be if Tobias Forge returns to MCC as a bass player, since he is allegedly Papa.

P. S. The IM rehearsals should start any day now. Here is my latest prediction for the set (2 songs changed, Harris stated that they won't change more.

Realistic one:
If Eternity Should Fail
Speed Of Light
Revelations
Coming Home
The Red And The Black
The Trooper
Powerslave
Death Or Glory
TBOS
HBTN
FOTD
IM
----------
TNOTB
BB
WY

Idealistic one:
IESF
SOL
Infinite Dreams
22 Accacia Avenue
TRATB
Trooper
Powerslave
DOG
TBOS
HBTN
FOTD
IM
------------
TNOTB
BB
WY

Last edited:
I still think that if any swaps occur it will be classic for classic. For example, Revelations instead of Children of the Damned. But I'd bet money on the set list being exactly the same as the previous tour.

I still think that if any swaps occur it will be classic for classic. For example, Revelations instead of Children of the Damned. But I'd bet money on the set list being exactly the same as the previous tour.

That is my opinion as well I think TBOS songs will be exactly the same as will at least 90% of the overall setlist

This tour has been such a huge hit, I doubt anything changes, too. And... that's fine with me. Can't wait 'til June!

I'm fine with the setlist staying the same, as it's the best in quite a while. That said, I wouldn't mind if NOTB got dropped for something more modern, maybe Rainmaker or the Wicker Man

Back