The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Songs that were played in Teaser Ad Trailer of 2017 tour are + song Iron Maiden itself, so it makes place for 4 songs to change. It could be nice for a future DVD\Blu-ray release to show all songs that were played on whole tour. I think that is strong possibility that they release concert frow their British Leg. But if setlist would change, will they release 2016 songs as a bonus?
  1. "If Eternity Should Fail"
  2. "Speed of Light"
  3. "The Trooper"
  4. "Powerslave"
  5. "Death or Glory"
  6. "The Book of Souls"
  7. "Hallowed Be Thy Name"
  8. "Fear of the Dark"
  9. "Iron Maiden"
  10. "The Number Of The Beast"
  11. "Blood Brothers"

If they do drop Tears of a Clown, I wonder if the replacement would be another TBOS track? While I'd like Great Unknown, I reckon Man of Sorrows would be more likely.

I'm thinking that either Brave New World or The Wicker Man are likely to get played if they change anything. BNW was on the chinese setlist, and was probably dropped because of set length. Wicker Man was Powerslaves replacement.

Still, as things stand, the officially dropped hints (which of course could be a red herring) don't mention Children, Tears, RATB (!), which were 3rd, 4th and 5th songs in this year's shows, plus Wasted Years, the slightly unconventional choice of closing song.

Wicker Man is the same length as COTD, although that would mean no 80s Maiden early in the show. I'd be slightly surprised if they dropped Red and the Black, since it's Steve's baby, but then Bruce's voice wasn't top form at times on that, and there's a mixed reception to the song.

I'm thinking that either Brave New World or The Wicker Man are likely to get played if they change anything. BNW was on the chinese setlist, and was probably dropped because of set length. Wicker Man was Powerslaves replacement.
They did not replace it with The Wicker Man, they just changed the lyrics in Powerslave to "tell me why I have to be a Wicker Man." They were also not allowed to use pyro

Yeah , I know. What I meant was it was supposed to be the replacement.
It would've been interesting if they did, but if they had more time, I would've loved to hear the both of them live especially in the same set. Though I've heard them both live at previous shows before, it would've been awesome. They're both great songs

It could be nice for a future DVD\Blu-ray release to show all songs that were played on whole tour. I think that is strong possibility that they release concert frow their British Leg.

I was extremely disappointed that Maiden did not do something like this with the 2 legs of the Final Frontier tour. Would have been great to have that show from Chile along with another 10 post-2000 songs in one volume.

I think it would be cool for tours where they had a different setlist for both legs to film two nights somewhere and play the current setlist the first night and the previous setlist for the second night. Then they can just combine them as if it's one performance and you get all the songs from the tour.

I guess my source was right about the timing... but wrong about the continent.
High fives to the UK on the gigs.
We can wait a little longer over here.

Really really chuffed that it's ticket buying time finally ! I knew my source would be right for that Birmingham show on the 21st, but you know how it is there's always that element of doubt that they won't play a venue a bit closer.

Anyway, going to be buying tickets for me and my Dad for Newcastle tomorrow morning and one for my little boy. He's 6 (nearly 7) and not only will it be his first Maiden concert, it'll be his first concert full stop - it's all downhill from there for him haha !

Only thing left to sort is whether or not I'll be shooting the Newcastle or Leeds show !

Back