1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

they are worshipping someone other than God and treat that person as if they were a god themselves. That person being Mary. If someone is Christian-catholic, it may be different. The church itself has been the center of so much sin and evil and casts aside these acts. The pope is another false god.... no one is closer to God than another except in pain and suffering. The pope is not a healer and is very misleading... Anything that points to evil, bares a false god and such is worshipping evil... Satan is evil.

sometimes I have to be careful myself as some see my love for bands like Maiden as almost a religion.... my clothes, posters, bumper sticker, concerts, ect... they feel as though I idolize them but really, they end up being proven to be biggots

2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

Catholic priests are into human children, satanist priests are into goat children i.e. they both like kids.

3. jazz from hell

jazz from hell Ancient Mariner

What Does this Thread Do?

4. jazz from hell

Anyways, I'd much rather see Maiden with a great artistic band like Opeth, or with a (historically) extremely important band like Slayer, than with the likes of Helloween, Blind Guardian or even, perish the thought, Epica and Hammerfall.

5. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

I think he means it in terms of organised religion, not beliefs.

6. jazz from hell

And I hope for the return of Paschendale, Breeg, Wicker Man and WTWWB.

7. SirRobbins

^ correct.... similar concept to how the religion works, not really in the same belief sense..... a mimic without representation so to speak

8. Welsh Phantom

Welsh Phantom Educated Fool

That list on the link needs updating by the Maiden camp. For example, when they add features to the game, new songs emerge. In the sacrifice section, you can hear Dance of Death. I am sure there are others too!

Either way, if they do a Legacy tour, expect to hear just a few obvious tracks from the game and then a load of unrelated classics not found in the game.

9. Black Wizard

Two bands who are not remotely similar, why'd you lump them together? :confused: Hammerfall have become a parody of themselves now though and I definitely wouldn't want to see them touring with Iron Maiden though. And at least with Epica you'd get some better singing than Tom fucking Araya.

10. jazz from hell

Because for me they're both fitting the category 'perish the thought'.

11. Black Wizard

Sounds like a Metalcore band.

jazz from hell likes this.
  12. SirRobbins

it's a shame because Hammerfall has a lot of great music.... they would have fit much better in a show with Dio though.... more the power metal field

13. Black Wizard

They keep releasing the same album though. It's tedious.

frus likes this.
  14. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

How does Satanism work?

15. SirRobbins

they do not experience (or deny the existence of the experience) between feelings and thoughts and direct their love towards those whom they feel deserve it, as opposed to most religion where God loves even the sinners and the wicked. There are numerous other differences you can research yourself without derailing the thread. I know what I've been told by someone who declares themselves one

16. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

I've done a lot of research on Satanism, that's why I was asking what you meant. I'm still not sure what parallels you are seeing with Catholicism. You pretty much contradicted yourself with your characterisation of Satanism.

17. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

How is Satanism an organized religion? What is a "Christian-catholic"? Why do people keep ruining threads talking about religion?

18. I doubt it's "tongue-in-cheek". It's not to mimic the Catholic church, it's to mock it / desecrate it. But believe what you want. F*** these satanists as far as I'm concerned. They can laugh it up in hell. (Of course, hopefully they will repent before it comes to that.)

19. So much ignorance here about the Catholic Church...

20. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Great. Let's move this to a new thread, huh?

frus, Mosh and Welsh Phantom like this.