The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Well the coat from TBOS and the gloves were also thrown to the audience. Bruce sang "The last book of souls" at the end.

He said we'll see you again. But I haven't heard anything specific, since the rants aren't uploaded yet.

P.S. At the end of TGU Bruce wanted a solo from H. And H delivered.

RUMOR: There is a 2018 Legacy Of The Beast european tour (in fashion of GMETID tour). Opening acts: Anthrax and Judas Priest.

And there is possibly the biggest euro Maiden gig ever. San Siro.

Edit: scrap that. Camp Nou.

Last edited:
RUMOR: There is a 2018 Legacy Of The Beast european tour (in fashion of GMETID tour). Opening acts: Anthrax and Judas Priest.

And there is possibly the biggest euro Maiden gig ever. San Siro.

Edit: scrap that. Camp Nou.

I would say that poster is fake.

23hr95l.jpg

Fake, fake, fake. However, there is a rumour that there will be a three month european tour next year.

Long time no see everyone! I saw Maiden in Mansfield, Massachusetts last night. Maiden couldn't do the show with the full effects when I saw them in China but I finally had the chance to see them with the pyrotechnics and everything! I missed Ghost but I didn't miss any of Maiden's set and I was only two rows away from the pit. Some highlights include Bruce's speech before "Children of the Damned", Eddie's appearance during "The Book of Souls," hearing "The Great Unknown" live and Bruce in the monkey mask during "Death or Glory." The only complaint I have was Bruce's problem with the microphone and the bad sound equipment. Even when Bruce's mic died during Wasted Years, the rest of the band were on fire and played like champs! I look forward to seeing Maiden again but until the next album or tour, I hope Bruce records another solo album with Roy Z and I'm still hoping for a Dave Murray solo album.

Attachments

• 2017 New.jpg
    2017 New.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 6
  • New Trooper.jpg
    New Trooper.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Maiden 2017.jpg
    Maiden 2017.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 4
And why use this background again? By June 2018 TBOS album will be nearly three years old, the mayan theme will be getting irrelevant.

However, there is a rumour that there will be a three month european tour next year.
I read on the fan club forum someone had asked someone who works with Trooper VIP if they will be doing it next year in the states. She had answered that only Europe was booked for now.

Several people claiming they'll only will tour Europe next year. There is also a rumour that Maiden are doing Rock am Ring and Rock im Park.

Hmm. I'm still betting it's... record in the late Fall/Winter, mix in the Spring, greatest hits at Euro fests next Summer, release the record in Fall 2018, and start the next world tour. Put me on record, if anyone's laying odds or whatever.

Have they ever done solely a European tour before though? I'm not so sure why they'd start now, especially with something that would be like a "Legacy of the Beast" tour.

Even in Give Me Ed 2003 and Early Days 2005 (which both contained only European dates), they did a month in the US both times. Sure it wouldn't be anything as extensive as what the US got in 2012-13 and 2016-17, but I have a feeling they'd hit up at least all of the major coastal cities and Chicago over the course of a couple of weeks.

I will have a look as well. My sources on these gigs were mostly two websites with bootleg info.

But can you find all other songs? Perhaps TFAngel was shared or filmed because it was rare.

EDIT:
@TheTalisman and @Lego thanks, it indeed looks -also according to bootleg info-, that The Mercenary was not played on these two gigs. Will try to check that for all other concerts as well, later. And change into the topic accordingly. :ok:
I can find only 5 gigs where The Mercenary was not played. Meaning not a continuous (full) rotation. Still an update was needed. The entry now looks like this:

The Mercenary: 15 (most gigs: not played at least 5 times: In Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Saint-Etienne (France), Munich (Germany))

Back