The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Well tonight is the last night of TBOS tour. Bruce usually drops a fat hint on what will happen next year... So we better keep our eyes and ears peeled...

For the previous album tours (from DoD), a history has always followed. I dont see that happening this time. First of I think there might be solo albums. British Lion have hinted both a live and a studio album.

British Lion releasing a live album? But they've barely got any material for it.
The whole album (except The Lesson) + 5 unreleased tracks and two covers have been in their set so far. That's enough to do a live album! Even more so if they play a couple of new songs this year as well.

Damn. Hard to believe this era of Maiden has come to an end. It sure was an amazing one! And a bit scary at first with Bruce's cancer. I can't wait to see what's in store for next year. Also, I have a good feeling with Minnesota selling out, they'll be coming back here again and I definitely plan to go if they do. WAY WAY WAY UP THE FUCKIN' IRONS!!!

Will Maiden make any kind of announcement this year? The TBOS tour seems to have been very well received. I'm just bummed I didn't get to see my favourite band for this first time this year. I'm hoping maybe next year? :)

Fingers crossed that it's studio time in the fall. Has anyone seen any videos of Bruce's rants from yesterday? I think there can be a hint in one of them, most likely before TBOS or BB.

Fingers crossed that it's studio time in the fall.
In 1999 and 2014 the tours were a bit shorter though, so maybe they will take some more time off this time and record in early 2018 or so. But maybe around November 2017 is possible.

Last edited:
In 1999 and 2014 the tours were a bit shorter though, so maybe they will take some more time off this time and record in early 2018 or so. But maybe around November 2017 is possible.

Well ME tour ended on 5th of July and they started in September. So this year I think it's entirely possible they will start recording in October.

Another thing. Bruce changed his trousers to shorts during WY solo and gave away all of the touring clothes to the audience. Including socks.

Last edited:
What an amazing era, too. Saw them five times over the course of the two year Book of Souls tour, a personal record for me. (I hadn't started going to multiple Maiden shows until Maiden England 2012-13).

My family and a few friends gave me shit about going to see the same band five times. But they just don't understand what Iron Maiden means to me. And honestly, who gives a shit? My money, my plans, my life.

I know they need some much needed time off now, but would love some surprise announcements later this fall. From all the rumors and interviews over the many months, I'm hoping for a new album. If not that, then I'm sure they'll have some kind of tour next summer (Legacy of the Beast? Maybe something similar to Give Me Ed 2003 or Early Days 2005, but with rarer, more spread out songs?). Wasn't it Dave that said in an interview a few weeks ago that there will be surprises next year for sure? We'll have to wait and see... ugh. Haha

Back