1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Brigantium, Sep 24, 2016.

1. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Speaking of a live album... I think they missed the train. Was listening to the Canadian gigs and it seems to me that Bruce sound worse again. They should have really recorded a show when he was on fire (UK shows this year or the early US ones, or maybe one last year).

2. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Maiden haven't done a good decision when it comes to live albums since Rock in Rio.

3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

That might be the only good live album decision.

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  4. matic22

True...

DOTR: Bruce ill, shitty video editing.
    Early days: Ullevi should be released.

Etc...

We know that every show's audio is recorded. They should have someone go through all of the performances, pick the best one of each song, mix it and release a live album with all 17 songs.

Iron Lurker likes this.
  5. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

They could have already recorded the live album...

6. fekso

fekso Nomad

Fair enough!

Magnus likes this.
  7. fekso

fekso Nomad

Disaster they haven't released that Ullevi show yet. Must be one of their best performances ever! Had it on VHS(!) back in the day.

Maybe a few overdubs is okay at this point ;)

8. THESEVENTHMARINER

THESEVENTHMARINER Ancient Mariner

I think Bruce sounds amazing on En Vivo, The Talisman in particular. Shame the setlist was uninspired.

GhostofCain likes this.
  9. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon My Maiden show was a SUPER EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE!

I think Bruce sounds amazing on En Vivo too and Flight 666 are some of the very best versions of those songs I've ever heard.

Operations666 and bornless1 like this.
  10. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

Yeah, the setlist was a bit uninspired. At least they could have added some of the songs they did in 2010 as a bonus.

Whooten likes this.
  11. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Shame to hear Bruce's performance has tailed off again. It raises concerns again about the strain on his voice. He was belting it out mid-tour.

12. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Out of the Silent Planet

I like the 'Death on the Road' DVD. It's not as good as 'Rock in Rio' though.

13. Poto

Poto Educated Fool

The show itself is quite special. Journeyman as an encore, the performances of DOD and Paschendale, a Blaze tune. The editing ruins it completely.

14. I got used to the editing. Actually came to like it. It fits the music. Love that DVD.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 10:54 PM
    bornless1 likes this.
  15. matic22

I still think Epilepsy Warning On The Road would be a better name. But still Paschendale and DOD from that show are amazing.

Wogmidget, Iron Lurker and Crazypants like this.
  16. Crazypants

Crazypants Prowler

lol, Agreed those quick cuts ruined it for me and made me nauseous. Never watched it more then once because of that.

17. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

Bruce may have sounded better on a BNW tour live album had they recorded elsewhere and we may have had Out of the Silent Planet on there! I understand why they chose Rio though... no 250,000 person audience at any other shows lol...

RIR was the best live album IMO and a phenomenal set list and live versions

18. Ruflux

Ruflux Nomad

The mix bothers me more since it basically wrecks it as a live album too. It kinda sounds like a high quality soundboard recording. Almost like they didn't have time to do it properly so they just did a really quick mix. What's even stranger is all the other reunion era live albums honestly sound fine (relatively speaking, Flight 666 varies a fair amount track by track and has its own issues but it's not terrible by any means), DotR is the only standout in that regard.

19. SirRobbins

SirRobbins Ancient Mariner

^ there are parts of RIR where they clearly dubbed Bruce's voice over parts that were not truly live... the concert shot by the locals which is on youtube proves this

20. Lucas Lourenco

Lucas Lourenco Prowler

Yes, Flight 666 has great versions. Rime of the Ancient Mariner for me is the best ever recorded, better than Long Beach Arena, by the way.