The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread - NO SPOILERS ALLOWED

that tour ignored the entire Southeast USA..... the worst of it? They played SIASL 5 times then it was gone.....

then again, several others did too. I had to go way out for my first Maiden gig and my second and third too.... 3 separate tours and Virginia was the closest they got to Florida.... Missouri if you're on the panhandle. Had to fly... I was a kid though and begged relentlessly. First close gig was not until SBIT and it was the last show of the tour lol

Yeah, they ignored the entire SE USA for 16 years (1996 - 2012, with the exception of that one show in FL for SBIT)). I also recall the Dance of Death US "tour" consisted of NY and LA...

Yeah, they ignored the entire SE USA for 16 years (1996 - 2012, with the exception of that one show in FL for SBIT)). I also recall the Dance of Death US "tour" consisted of NY and LA...

yep. They had several USA shows scheduled in the SE for Virtual XI tour but cancelled all of them... I was at the SBIT gig in 2009... it was a last minute add if I remember. It was the last show of the world tour. They finished Brazil and came here for the last show and then it was over lol I was pleasantly surprised in 2012 with Maiden England how extensively they toured the southeast and then again in 2013. However, they didn't do Florida at all. o_O Needless to say, I have had to drive for hours or fly to every show I've been too. Adding hotel and everything makes the show that much more expensive. After spending a normal $100 or so on merch, $45-$120 on the ticket, lots in gas and a hotel stay, my shows were always at least $300-$500 lol throw in a gig I have to fly too! Ouch.... I plan a full vacation if I have to fly to see them. I did that in Houston, Texas last month. I was going to Galveston and they were going to be there the same time in Houston. I flew out that night so I saw half the show, got my shirt and left to catch my plane :rolleyes:

I live near New York city so I can never complain about not seeing them (I saw 3 of 4 shows on the 2016/2017 legs of the BoS Tour), but they have never, even once, played Still Life in the States.

I live near New York city so I can never complain about not seeing them (I saw 3 of 4 shows on the 2016/2017 legs of the BoS Tour), but they have never, even once, played Still Life in the States.

nope. They didn't add it until they hit Europe in 1988 for STOAST and dropped it before coming to the states in 1983... :( that great song never saw US soil..... so sad

I would have loved to see the World Piece Tour gig in Indianapolis though where Bruce was arrested for ripping the top off of a model on stage during 22 AA :D he got sued and everything.... there's a picture of the two of them in the booklet from the 1998 Piece of Mind CD rerelease

I would have loved to see the World Piece Tour gig in Indianapolis though where Bruce was arrested for ripping the top off of a model on stage during 22 AA :D he got sued and everything.... there's a picture of the two of them in the booklet from the 1998 Piece of Mind CD rerelease

News to me. Brilliant. This is why I love this forum.
:nuts:

Back