The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread - NO SPOILERS ALLOWED

Plus Iron Maiden didn't sell out Twickenham on the Somewhere Back in Time tour, so it would be unlikely that they'd sell out a larger stadium on a possibly less attractive tour.

There was a clip from this year's Cardiff concert of Bruce sort of hinting that they'd be back next year, so you never know... The venues are not believable though.

there might be a fraction of a percent chance of them doing one of those mega venues and probably only half filling it, but to do olympic stadium, millennium stadium, san siro, nou camp and stade de france all on the same tour, laughable.

Also look carefully at the layout of the webpage: there should be a red banner with the social media icons below the main banner, but it's not present in the captured webpage. There's also a few consecutive nights in there which Maiden usually try to avoid. A show in France the day after a show in Poland is basically impossible as they wouldn't use Ed Force One for a European tour like this.

The only two stadiums of those they could potentially fill are San Siro and the Olympic stadium. Olympic stadium because it's a London gig and San Siro because there is always a great demand for tickets in Italy. The others, no chance in hell.

You guys are all missing the obvious: Judas Priest would never open for Maiden.

There was a clip from this year's Cardiff concert of Bruce sort of hinting that they'd be back next year, so you never know... The venues are not believable though.

The intriguing part here though, is that at the Cardiff gig (if I remember correctly... or I did I read it) Bruce said he wanted to play the Stadium this year but "wasn't allowed".

Hmmmm.......

But still Camp Nou and Stade de France? Cmon. Unless Luis Suarez is a Maiden fan and will play the whole season just to pay the expenses of Maiden at the Camp Nou. Or maybe Nasser of P$G wants to spend his money somewhere, since the Neymar deal probably won't go through.

Judas Priest is just as big as Iron Maiden - the most likely thing they would do is co-headline. And quite frankly, I can't see Maiden doing co-headlining anymore.

Unless Luis Suarez is a Maiden fan and will play the whole season just to pay the expenses of Maiden at the Camp Nou.

And even then, the Camp Nou administration will probably just say "bite me".

When talking about concert draws, album sales are irrelevant. I have no idea how Priest and Maiden compare in Europe but it has to be close.

That aside, there are other reasons Priest wouldn't open for Maiden. The first is pride. Maiden opened for Priest several times when they were starting out and Priest probably wouldn't want to admit that the roles have changed (if they really have).

Both are headline acts. It doesn't make sense for Priest (or any band on that level) to open when they could do their own headlining tour, especially considering that Priest probably have less tours in them than Maiden.

It also doesn't make that much sense from Maiden's perspective. Chances are the people who want a Maiden/Priest tour are already going to see Maiden regardless of whether Priest is there or not. When they take a newer band out on the road they save money and potentially attract younger fans who might casually enjoy Maiden but the package deal of them being with Shinedown or Avenged Sevenfold makes it worth seeing. Probably doesn't make that much of a difference, but with Rod every dollar counts.

I was going to make the Metallica comparison. They can actually do stadiums in the US, unlike Maiden.

Well if Maiden ever opens for Metallica, there should be one rule. Nicko should be standing right behind Lars with a microphone and laugh very loudly every time when Lars makes a mistake.

The only two stadiums of those they could potentially fill are San Siro and the Olympic stadium. Olympic stadium because it's a London gig and San Siro because there is always a great demand for tickets in Italy. The others, no chance in hell.
They sold out Ullevi stadium three times: 2005, 2008 and 2011 (57 ooo people) but it has since seen an increase of capacity up to 70 000 people, so now it propably won't happen again. I think 53 000 people turned up last time. Still a lot of people for a country with a population of 10 million!

Back