The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread - NO SPOILERS ALLOWED

They played songs and had backdrops for some or all of them based on the album art. I heard Adrian, Dave and Janick played some different guitars, Steve played bass and according to some reports, Nicko played drums. Bruce sang and ran around a bit. Or walked, not sure about that. They played an encore. Janick tossed his guitar in the air a couple of times, Steve held his bass like a machine gun and Bruce asked the audience of the city they played in to scream for him. Hope I didn't forget something...

I'm opening a Chicago meetup thread in private. If you are interested in hanging out before the gig and you weren't included, please let me know and I will add you!

20232856_731744477028514_143663821758611647_o.jpg

This was also linked from a well informed concert travel organiser here in Slovenia. The thing that is a bit fishy is that they ate playing Arena in Belgrade instead of a stadium.

Wow. If so, very nice but please dive into the studio before that would kick off.

Also fishy: only European dates and no South American (while these would precede the European).

Well if the Camp Nou gig is true, I'm there. If sold out, that would be the biggest Iron Maiden non festival gig ever (unless they play Maracana earlier).

I also hope they record an album this year and play a teaser song like they did on GMETID.

This was also linked from a well informed concert travel organiser here in Slovenia. The thing that is a bit fishy is that they ate playing Arena in Belgrade instead of a stadium.
Capacity of Kombank Arena is around 20.000. They also play at Budapest Laszlo Pepp Arena, capacity 12.500. We will see if this is real in few days.
One more thing...does anybody remember that Dave Murray one month ago said something about one surprise for 2018? I think this is the surprise.

Spanish promotors say that this is fake news. We will see in a few days. But whoever did this (if it's fake) did an incredible job.

Google translate Spanish press:

Apparently, this is a tour in which Iron Maiden would be accompanied by Judas Priest and Anthrax, with Ghost joining the tour on select dates.

After talking with some Spanish promoters, these have flatly rejected that such a tour will take place. At the outset, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are not going to spin together in the short, medium or long term. Secondly because the Camp Nou, with capacity for 90,000 people in concert format, far exceeds the capacity of summoning all these bands added. Even U2, on their successful memorial tour of "The Joshua Tree" has opted for the Estadi Olimpic, seating up to 65,000 people in concert format. Iron Maiden, in its last concert in Barcelona, gathered 15,000 people in the Palau Sant Jordi. At Sonisphere 2013, along with many other heavyweight bands, it gathered just over 22,000. Given that it was a unique date, such as when they have come to festivals like Sonisphere 2011 or similar, where they have gathered 30,000 people surrounded by countless bands, chances are that the band play at the Camp Nou are scarce.

Can Iron Maiden spin in 2018? It is possible that they do a round of European festivals. So will Judas Priest, but in no case will they spin together.

+Camp Nou is one of the hardest and most expensive stadiums to rent for concerts

Back