1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Number of the Beast

Discussion in 'The Number Of The Beast' started by SinisterMinisterX, May 2, 2004.

?

How good is The Number of the Beast on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

50.0%
  2. 9

13.0%
  3. 8

26.1%
  4. 7

6.5%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

2.2%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

10 out of 10... The atmosphere created in the intro, and then of course, the scream, are simply defining moments in the history of the band, of rock n roll, and of music in general. Far from being a complicated musical arrangement, the guitar work is nevertheless killer, and the solos (especially Dave's) blind me every time...

2. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

I honestly don't care how "overplayed" it is, it;s much more exciting than Wrathchild or RTTH live, and for me it defines heavy metal. 9.

3. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I rarely listen it in recent times, but it was one of my favorites when I started listening to Maiden. For the good ol' times: 10/10.

4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I love this song. It is musically brilliant, and has the most epic trade off guitar solos ever. 9/10

5. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

10. Classic, catchy riff, fast-paced greatness and cool chorus. The solos are brilliant. I won't ever grow tired of this song, unlike on RTTH, which I'm dead tired of.

6. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

10/10, Another live favourite of mine, a good head banging song, love the guitar soloing.

7. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

8. Mosh

Oh! I know that one. I remember seeing that in stores and I was thinking "What is he doing ripping off Maiden?!?!"

9. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Maiden classic ... a 10.

10. wizard

wizard Invader

11. Tron

Tron Trooper

like with rtth an 8... its ok a bit better than rtth but they swap

12. Murder89

Murder89 Officer Friendly

Mostly killer riffs.Bruce scream in the beginning is not of this earth. 10/10

13. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

14. czgibson

czgibson Invader

10/10

Solid gold Maiden classic - the national anthem of the Kingdom of Heavy Metal. Rhythmically one of the strangest riffs in rock. Infernal performance from Bruce Dickinson. Sounds more sinister when he sings "666" live rather than letting the crowd take over.

15. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

10/10. The scream is the defining moment. This track is a classic.

16. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

9/10, and a strong nine at that. Killer riffs, the intro and Dickinson scream are immortal.

17. Crimson Idol

Crimson Idol Caveman

Scream is the defining moment of the track and wasn't even originally there  :innocent:

18. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

19. Mosh

R.I.P.

I'm listening to NOTB in tribute. :shred:

20. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

"The man was Clayton, who had no interest in MAIDEN, but obliged when he was asked to put on a Vincent Price kind of voice."

Heh, nice to think about that when I hear the intro (not!).