The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

I hope it's for something similar to the comic where Silver Surfer comes to his house warning him about Thanos. Obviously would be Thor instead of Silver Surfer in this case.

Luke Cage is out on Netflix! I'm gonna have to watch through other means though, hopefully I'll start tonight :D

Started watching Jessica Jones so I can then get to Daredevil 2 and Luke Cage.

So far...I'm not entirely sold. I don't like that I literally know nothing about Jessica's powers or story. I 3 episodes in and it's still all really confusing. David Tenant is 100% the best thing so far.

Jessica Jones at its best is superior to Daredevil IMO. It is paced pretty poorly though. Once they start to explain the backstory and her relationship with the villain it gets really interesting.

The villains were the best thing about Daredevil 1 and JJ. Liked both.
I think I preferred JJ, but the end was a little disappointing.

I started DD2. Couple episodes in and it has yet to grab me.
Then my family diverted into Luke Cage. Halfway through. Solid - acting and characters are good, music is good and the care paid to the detail of Harlem culture is obvious.
Plot hasn't really done it for me yet.

Jessica Jones > DD Season 2 > DD Season 1. Haven't watched Cage yet. Looking forward to it.

Just finished LC. Best by far of the Netflix series by Marvel. Luke's speech during the last episode in the police station said it all. A positive Black role model who is down to earth and not wearing spandex. I love the use of the music of Harlem. Thanks to the last episode, we now know how and why in the future, Luke will meet Matt Murdock (same reason Peter Parker first met Matt in the comics).
I was surprised at Luke & Claire getting romantically involved since Luke is married to JJ in the comics

Just finished watching Jessica Jones.

I liked it overall, but it definitely did not hold my attention the entire way through. David Tennant as Kilgrave was absolutely phenomenal, best part of the show hands down. I also quite enjoyed Luke Cage and am excited to get to his show. But overall, I just did not care about any of the characters.

I find Kristyn Ritter incredibly unlikeable as an actress and for that reason, I think she was perfect for this role. However, the character of Jessica Jones is also highly unlikable, so I really could not bring myself to care all that much for her. I cared about her struggle. Her past with Kilgrave and her trauma surrounding it was interesting, but her actual character beyond that feels non-existent. She's a tough young girl traumatized by her past who becomes a tough young woman traumatized by her past. Who is Jessica Jones beyond being a victim of trauma? I honestly know nothing about her actual personality and it makes me not care about anyone else in her life.

Patsy/Trish is boring as she only serves to help Jessica, whom I honestly don't care much about because I haven't been given a reason to. The one scene that really hit home was that bathroom scene when they were both younger and they both promise to help each other. That was the only real human moment I ever felt for either character. Simpson...what the hell is that storyline all about? I'm aware that there's more to it in the comics, but it felt so random and, again, I don't really care for him. He's introduced as a good cop gone bad who then is actually kind of a prick because of military testing. Great, another unlikable character.

Carrie Anne Moss as Hogarth did a great job, but again, I really could not give a damn about her personal drama. Another unlikable character doing unlikable things that for some reason I'm watching. Same goes for Hope (who received far too much screen time).

The scenes in the season finale featuring Claire, Malcolm, and Luke Cage were some of the best scenes in the whole show. I actually liked all of those characters. I'm interested to see what season two will be like now that Jessica is out from under the shadow of Kilgrave. Sadly, no more Kilgrave means this show loses it's most interesting character.

Wow, so cool they were bold enough to go for old psychedelic rock vibes for this score. Well, if only that's not just for the credits. Music in Marvel films sucks, so I'm relieved to know that Michael Giacchino (whose work I appreciate a lot) did something way above average.

Logan trailer!

It looks outstanding - both visually and story/vibe-wise. If the film lives up to the trailer, it looks like we're gonna get the first serious film that just happens to be about a superhero since The Dark Knight. Fingers crossed for this one!

Wow, so cool they were bold enough to go for old psychedelic rock vibes for this score. Well, if only that's not just for the credits. Music in Marvel films sucks, so I'm relieved to know that Michael Giacchino (whose work I appreciate a lot) did something way above average.
Ok, so the full soundtrack has hit Spotify. I listened to some fragments and it turns out that it's a pretty conventionally sounding score for the most part. They went crazy just for the credits. ;) Still looking forward to seeing this film, of course.

Doctor Strange is a great movie.
I feel like the best is yet to come when it comes to his story though. Like, the movie is great, but I think Mordo is set up to be a much more memorable villain in the next movie. Kaecilius was just OK.

Soundtrack is incredible. I never pay much attention to movie soundtracks but with this movie it was the case of "Man, I gotta download this one when I get home". Particularly the end credits theme was amazing (the one in the video above). Definitely the best score in a MCU movie (but GOTG overall had better music).

GotG is easily the best Marvel soundtrack but the actual score is your generic superhero score.

What format did you see it in? My brother is insisting on imax 3D. :puke:

Back