The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Finally had the time to sit down and watch the most recent episode, definitely the best yet, and I can say that in my mind, the series has crossed the hump as to whether or not it is worth watching.

Strange. No new episode of S.H.I.E.L.D tonight even though they made it seem like there was going to be one? Turns out it won't be back till Feb. 4th.

They could have at least told us last week that it wasn't going to be back till Feb. 4th. Unless they did say something and we all just missed it.

Me neither but usually if a show announces it won't be on till a later date, I'm on top of that shit. I think they failed to mention it.

Welcome to the new network model. They keep canceling new shows every year because viewership declines because shows go on hiatus for 3-4 months at a time in the middle of their season.

Makes sense to me...o_O

Shows how little attention I pay to the time of year, but I only just realised that it's a week on tuesday the next episode rather than tuesday. Grr.

I've never read any of the comics or had anything to do with Marvel outside of the MCU and the original X-Men trilogy, and tbh hadn't even looked very far into the MCU until the past few months (not through lack of interest, just other reasons)... but I'm actually quite into this series. It's been a long while since I've been interested enough in a series or film to start theorising and discussing it outside of the "did you see XYZ last night?" type chatter. Which sadly makes this gap more frustrating!

The Clairvoyant is expected to be someone known, whether it be a comic book character or simply a known character in terms of the shows current running, but something enough to make fans gasp when it appears. In that sense there's quite a tough challenge, as anyone from the comics would mostly be a "huh?" to someone like myself, but anyone whose just from the show will make all the comic fans somewhat disappointed (reading a forum past few days, there is typical nerd rage from people who wanted more named supers in the show, although it's receded a bit since the reveal NP posted above). My early theory was 'The Leader', the scientist from The Incredible Hulk (someone I only learnt about after watching the film and wondering what happened to him).

Someone suggested it might be Agent Hand, and just has a lot of inside knowledge, which I think would be a good twist but would make the comic fans pissy. My favourite (although sarcastic ofc) one is it's Fury, and he's removing people's eyes because he's jealous :p

In that sense there's quite a tough challenge, as anyone from the comics would mostly be a "huh?" to someone like myself, but anyone whose just from the show will make all the comic fans somewhat disappointed (reading a forum past few days, there is typical nerd rage from people who wanted more named supers in the show, although it's receded a bit since the reveal NP posted above). My early theory was 'The Leader', the scientist from The Incredible Hulk (someone I only learnt about after watching the film and wondering what happened to him).

I'm in the same boat. I don't read the comics, but I know a little bit about them. If they reveal The Clairvoyant as a character deeply imbedded in the Marvel history, it really won't mean anything to me.

As for The Leader from Incredible Hulk, that could be pretty cool (especially if they got the same actor). After The Avengers, though, I'm not sure if they still count either Hulk film as canon.

I think that they do count The Incredible Hulk. The first one was never counted, Marvel Studios didn't make it.

Yeah, just looked it up. For some reason I thought that movie was older than 2008. Now, if they could get Tim Roth on the show, I'd be really interested.

The Incredible Hulk is included in the Phase One box set, so I can only assume it's Canon. Plus it has Stark in the after credits scene.

For Tim Roth, I was under the impression the Abomination was a permanent transformation rather than the Hulks condition?

Last edited:
Back