The Man Who Would Be King

How good is The Man Who Would Be King on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
E major, I think. It goes E, G#, D, E. Then when the guitar duets come to the picture, the chords behind are just the same, just the beat changes.

Guitar pro tabs have been out for a month :innocent:

EDIT: Holy crap, that last part of the main rhythm is just like the last part of the main rhythm in weekend warrior.
SONG RUINED

Mega said:
Guitar pro tabs have been out for a month :innocent:

EDIT: Holy crap, that last part of the main rhythm is just like the last part of the main rhythm in weekend warrior.
SONG RUINED

Fuck Guitar Pro, but are they decent?! Mine I know is. I didn't tab the solo as it's very buried in the mix and I prefer to improvise, for praticing my harmony vocabulary.

No solo either, but the tabs are great. And he really got the drumming part right too.

There's a wrong chord on the intro and the digitation isn't smooth, too and he didn't made out the other guitar intervals on duets. Mine is more complete, to say the least, but it doesn't take from the great work he's done. You can learn the song very, very well by his tab.

I told you that I can only get one part at a time, there's the other guitar for the interval thing.

And there's no wrong chord, what are you talking about.

The very first intro chord is wrong. Check my tab or even better - sit and learn it properly by yourself, so you won't say I'm just trying to convince you my tab is better.

I'm sorry, but the GP tab is the right one, there's no C note anywhere in there anywhere there and you are wrong. Listen to it really carefully, play both versions and return.

I'm not even gonna argue about this: it's plain as day, that's the chord, that's how Maiden play it and that's that.

We need to get another person in here. Maybe SMX.

I missed that. The chord is really right. I fixed mine - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETSEDSR8

Mega said:
I told you that I can only get one part at a time, there's the other guitar for the interval thing.

And there's no wrong chord, what are you talking about.

I downloaded guitar pro and got his tab. He tabbed out everything, except the solo and the slide part which are together. Really great tab and I learned that I was the one who missed the first chord. Living and learning. :blush:

Well very nice then. Now you can test the program out and use it to your liking, whether it's for writing or for playing along.

Hi guys. I didn't find a thread in which to introduce myself, so this will be my first post. I think I'm the only guy in here who became a Maiden fan after falling in love with The Final Frontier LOL. I've watched the 1975 movie of the same name and I've loved it. This is actually among the very best songs on the album, IMHO. As for the meaning, I think it will stay cryptic. The theme of guilt and pride is prominent, as you've already pointed out, so it might just be about somebody who was born for a great life (becoming a king) but managed to destroy his own potential by murdering somebody.

Back